Absolute size, not relative resize

I know that users with any experience have internalized the resize protocol, but I must put this on the table before I forget how frustrating it is.

I want a simple mechanism to resize elements to an explicit size. For a simplistic example, to change a 2x4 length from 10 feet to eight feet and 4 and one half inches, instead of having to figure out the difference (e.g. if one’s country is not metric), I want to enter 8’4.5" and be done with it rather than -7.5". This is especially annoying when one has several objects of different dimensions and one wants them all to be resized to the same dimension. A Size mode would take care of them in one step; the current Resize tool requires selecting and applying the correct offset to the desired size for each one.

If this would be an alternate entry method in the current Resize mode or a new mode does not matter, but having to do addition or subtraction distracts from the user’s train of thought: the tool is no longer invisible.

Using the Scale tool, you can enter absolute lengths when you remember to enter the dimension unit.
Another possibility is to create parts as dynamic components and make their dimensions parametric.

I don’t know if this is what you are after.

Anssi

You should start a new topic, as this post has no clear relation to the topic where you have added it!

Nor do any of the other threads you’re flooding with your posts.

Start a new thread. Ask clear and concise questions and someone will help you. Continue as you have been and no one can help you because you haven’t provided any useful information.