About the Feature Requests category

This is the category to use if you’d like to suggestion new features or functionality for any of the Developer resources such as the Ruby API, SketchUp SDK or other extension related features.

Update: Please use the GitHub API issue tracker for API bugs and feature requests: https://github.com/SketchUp/api-issue-tracker/issues

Edit: To elaborate on this description, this is a place where you can tell us of the need you have, the problem you’re trying to overcome and maybe the tool you think will solve that job. It also gives you the chance to solicit suggestions to overcome the problem you’re running into as it may be a technique that you need more than a single-purpose tool. It’s also possible there is a feature already in existence that does what you need. To that end, please offer a new topic for your feature and describe WHY you need that tool and what it will solve for you. You don’t have to be a feature designer in this case, just someone with a need to be addressed!

I realized a great short cut to get your Components into a specific Layer would be to include a spot on the Make Components drop down (I’ll try to include a screenshot of the place). If at the moment the dropdown menu appears when you create the component, a link to the Layers that have been previously set up would appear and you could then put the new Component or Group directly into the preferred Layer. One step to Make and put into Layer instead of several steps. If you want it on Layer0 then that could be the default choice.

I’m a genius! Ok tell me why that would be impossible. cheers and keep up the great work.