- Create geometries with the necessary frame. The Follow Me tool works well for this. Make hidden geometries visible (
View → Hidden Geometry)
- Select the geometries and unsoften/unsmooth them (
Window → Soften Edges). Erase edges you do not want.
- Activate the Wireframe face style. (
View → Face Style → Wireframe) Make sure nothing is selected, then select only the edges with
command+a. DO NOT do a rapid-select by triple-clicking as that will also select the faces.
- With just the edges selected, copy them with
- Activate a face style that displays faces, select and delete everything. (Your edges are still on the clipboard from the previous step)
Edit → Paste in Place. Turn on shadows from
Window → Shadows, and check the