A Perfect Addition…….Would Be…

I have a great idea. Something that is sorely missed and probably overlooked in the iPad Version. I think it would be a wonderful addition to add a “Match Properties” eye dropper tool to our present set of tools. It would make things so much faster in our workflow.

I would also like to see a ‘Chamfer’ and a ‘Fillet’ as well.

Anyone else have any other suggestions for additions?

I’m not sure what you mean by that. Could you explain more about what properties you would like to match and how you would imagine the tool to function?

So many apps have an ‘eye dropper’ tool where you can change the properties of one or multiple items to match another, in terms of layer, color, or size depending on the properties of the original item you are matching. Look at SU on your desktop, AutoCAD and Adobe.

Sure, I know what you mean and quite used to what you’re asking for. Here’s what the “Needle Tool” that comes with the Wild Tools plugin for PowerCADD looks like for options:

WT Needle Tool Dialog

BTW, most Wild Tools have audio feedback (which can be turned off if you hate it). There is a sound effect when you suck up attributes from an object and a different sound effect when inject properties into an object.

Please remember that I am looking for this to be added to the iPad version, not on a desktop.

You have a match properties for material and another for layer, you don’t have one for both at the same time, maybe that would be worth it.

I don’t see the point in a scale match though. Maybe there is.