502 error attempting to license sketchup pro

502 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
CloudFront wasn’t able to connect to the origin.
If you received this error while trying to use an app or access a website, please contact the provider or website owner for assistance.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by following steps in the CloudFront documentation (HTTP 502 status code (Bad Gateway) - Amazon CloudFront).
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: IRWsm3DLDwEBevKvGBmndsCl8j_ZKqzfTHxWkX9HeowuViRyj-UiGg==

@Barry

I’m having the same problem

Same problem here … both when trying to de-activate 2018 license and trying to register 2019 classic license

Same problem here. Affecting all users at the moment. Had no official response through official channels either.

edit:

Sketchup Pro 2018
Network License

I’m having the same problem.
Sketchup pro 2019
License : Network

Might have something to do with this - currently on their website:

Temporary Outage Due To Severe Weather We are currently experiencing system outages due to severe weather. - We’ll do our best but we may be not be able get back to you as quickly as you’re used to. Please expect some delay in responses.

Response we have had:

I just wanted to get back to you regarding the issue you reported - thank you for your patience on this! We are aware of the problem, however I don’t have an official statement for you at this time. We’ll hopefully be able to resolve this soon and we’ll keep you posted on the progress as soon as we find out more.

See from Tuesday:

The server is jumping between 502, 503, and 504 errors still.

It’s 8:15am in Colorado, but I’m sure someone at SketchUp is still working on this.

Only a few minutes later… the license server seems to be working again.

1 Like

All working in UK. Users are having to click “Add License” again.

1 Like

Get used to this when everyone subscribed to the future and in order for you to do work and make decisions depends on the weather in CO (obviously anything else) which is not on your machine at the moment you are using your machine. Cloud is the future. Your independence as a paying customer is not.

It happened to be tornados in Ohio, but you have a good point. When you say “Cloud is the future”, it could apply to weather issues too.

I think this incident demonstrates the need for Trimble to prioritize moving their licensing servers onto one of the public cloud providers who can offer them the redundancy of multiple data centers (in multiple geographical regions).

FYI, this effects new users who try to license for the first time mostly, if you allready have activated the license (or subscription) you will have to ‘phone home’ every four weeks or so…