3D Warehouse Printables feature missing!

I’m trying to use the Printables feature of 3D Warehouse to get my component working nicely. There’s a lot of stuff about how to upload a model and make it printable, but the screen I see (see attached)

when I upload my model is completely different to what everybody else is describing. I even found a lovely video showing how to do it, but the screen shown in the video just doesn’t match anything I’m seeing. This applies either when I select File>3D Warehouse>Share Model, or login in to 3D Warehouse and drag my file to upload.

When the file is uploaded, and I select edit, I get back to the same screen! What am I doing wrong?

I’m using Sketchup Pro 2020 on a Macbook.

How old is the video you watched? I believe it has been several years since the “Make Printable” feature was removed from 3D Warehouse.

Hey SilstonGeezer! Thanks for your question. The “Printable” option was more to facilitate the discovery of models that were designed for printing. It wasn’t used a whole lot. On top of that, there were many models that were tagged as printable, but weren’t really. Apologies for the confusion. For those who DO want to upload models that are made for printing, I usually recommend that the models be hash tagged in the description or put Printable in the title. It doesn’t prevent mistagging of non-printable models, but takes a bit more effort… let’s folks know that your serious and not just trying to boost discoverability by clicking the Printable toggle. Thanks for sharing your model!
(but now, you’ve got me thinking… is it possible to print a roadworthy radiator cap?)

Thanks Guz

Trust me to pick up on a feature that’s ancient history.

Erm - not a vehicle radiator cap, a central heating radiator cap - just makes the top of the valve look a bit prettier :grin:

Somebody nailed my problem in a Sketchup forum - I’ve drawn it in CM but Slic3r thinks it’s in MM. I’ll be on the case in the morning.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

1 Like

Thanks Aaron

Clearly pretty old

Somebody nailed my problem in a Sketchup forum - I’ve drawn it in CM but Slic3r thinks it’s in MM. I’ll be on the case in the morning.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.