3D printing tutorials

Is there an easier way to do this? This seems way too complicated. I need to be able to draw a 40mm radius, then figure out how many segments to use to end up with a flat side and top to do the follow me function??? I’m like 3 hours into trying to make this work. I feel like I should be able to just draw a line off of the arc to get it to follow but that doesn’t work either. It just skips over the vertical and does that bull ■■■■ again. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

You’re making it way too complicated.

Decide how many segments you want in the arc. With an even number you can quckly rotate the circle so there are sides placed vertically and horizontally.

fm

You could do that, too, but you’ll have to select the additional edge segments and the result will be different.

Clearly this is a hobby thing for you. Step back and take a breath before you blow an aneurysm.

1 Like

@DaveR advice is spot on and very simple. You can also use longer tails on the curve as long as they are perpendicular then push them back to finish.

2 Likes

ahhhh I got it now. Thanks again! Sorry for yelling but that was driving me nuts haha