Dear SketchUp Family,
I apologize for the radio silence as our team sorted out all the variables associated with the status of 3D Basecamp. We knew early on that things weren’t looking good, but we needed some time to explore our options from this unexpected storm that halted our ascent up the mountain. As you can imagine, after hunkering down and waiting for the hail to stop falling, we were left with a completely different outlook.
While we’re trusting that we will all weather this storm together, the health and safety of our community is (and will always be) our top priority. That is why a conference in Vancouver is not feasible for September of this year. This decision did not come lightly, but with input from country officials regarding crowd limitations and travel restrictions to Canada, the increasing spread of COVID, and a SketchUp team collaboration, we knew it was the right decision.
Our team has been working tirelessly to come up with a new plan so that we can all come together. We ask for your patience and support as we figure out the last remaining details. If you already purchased a ticket to 3D Basecamp 2020, you will receive a full refund in the coming weeks by Eventbrite. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com.
Onward and upward we shall go - I look forward to the view from the summit, side by side with all of you in the future!