2d perspective

Hi everyone,
Is there a way to create this type of effect in sketchup?
with lines in two dimensions pass the lines of a rectangular frame to a 2d frame in perspective
Any guidance I greatly appreciate.
I upload .dxf file and an example image

perspectiva.dxf (299.6 KB)

I’m not sure from your description and image what you actually want to accomplish. Can you show something that illustrates what you want in the end?

1 Like

Hi @DaveR
do exactly this
Uploading: Perps.png…

With Fredo Scale extension
ntg-04

ntg-04b

2 Likes

Hi, @mihai.s I don’t have that extension. Fredo’s tools have stopped working on my computer. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Do you have to have it as geometry? This sort of thing would be much easier with a texture image.

Why is that. They are still functional.

this message appears in all of them
Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 9.41.38 AM

So it’s time to purchase the license so you can keep moving ahead.

yes, that’s why I ask for alternative ideas to achieve the same effect

Inkscape

3 Likes

I asked if you have to have geometry. A texture image would be easier and could be deformed with native tools.

yes, it is geometry, the image loses quality and I would have to redraw it again

how can i use dxf files in inkscape?

Now that you know what software you can use, you can start looking on YouTube for tutorials with things you don’t know, such as editing a dxf.

3 Likes

I know what you’ve got is geometry. It doesn’t have to lose quality as an image.

1 Like

Hello again I was checking the dxf files
and i have a problem in inskape
polylines become splines when exported to autocad
on the other hand, in sketchup it converts them into polylines. that I use to cut the panels

You can also search on Google - spline to polyline autocad -

How to convert splines to polylines in AutoCAD

1. At the command line in AutoCAD, type SPLINEDIT.
  2. Select the spline if it was not already selected.
  3. Type P for convert to Polyline.
  4. Specify the precision <0-99>.
1 Like

One idea that comes to mind. Set up the model of the sign at an angle from the ground plane, and use a plugin that projects it to the ground. Sorry I don’t know the name of the plugin, but I’ve heard of it, I think TIG has one.

1 Like

Do you have access to AutoCAD? If so…

1 Like