2017 - errors loading plugins

As another point of data, all of these plugins work for me: SketchUp Extensions | Vali Architects | Instant Scripts

I installed them from rbz using the installer tool by ThomThom.

HI. Has someone finally solved a problem. I have the same but cant find a solution for several weeks…

I second this question - anyone figured it out? I’ve tried everything suggested on various forums, error reports… nothing helps on Win 10 Creators Update x64 with Make 2017 or SU Pro 2018 trial, ran as Admin, tried reinstalling plugins (Dynamic Components for example) - keep getting errors on start & no plugins work.

Try this,
here is what i did to solve it.
find the Sketchup.exe file. usually located in the C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018
right click on it and go to properties
click the compatibility tab
at the bottom you should see Run this program as an administrator.
click the check box next to it and click apply then click OK.
that should solve your problem

Hum… But others say that this should not be done. Only the installer should have compatibility set to administrator.
Anyway did not work for my trainee.
On win 7. Tried every suggestions of community. Despair.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? I also have tried every fix that I could find, to no avail. Still having the issues with 2018, and when I have spoken to tech support, they act like this is the first time it has ever come up, and it is obviously a problem on my end, and not theirs. I’ve been a SU user from the beginning, but if anyone has any alternatives – let me know.

I did but it is not working…~~

Has this issue been resolved? I am suffering from a similar issue at SU 2019.
The extension I created worked fine before signing and encryption, but after signing and encryption I get a load error with require.

Ruby’s require('filename.rb') only works with RB files, and a file-type suffix is needed.

When encrypted your RB files become RBE files so you you must use Sketchup::require('filename')
Note that if you omit the file-type suffix from the file’s name, then an RBE file will load if found or alternatively an RB file it that’s found - useful when testing, and of course it works after you’ve done the encryption…

Hi TIG

It worked correctly in an encrypted environment.
Development with SketchUp was very basic, wasn’t it?
Thank you for your advice. I learned a lot.