What do I use to create a realistic render? Is there an extension...I would like to see my models more realistic

What do I use to create a realistic render? Is there an extension…I would like to see my models more realistic.

There are rendering programs. Some of them run as an extension and some are stand alone. There are lots of choices and no “best” one.

This article is a bit out of date, but might give you an idea of how many choices there are:

SU Podium is a simple easy to use solution.

au contraire it is not simple nor easy to use at all,certainly not noob friendly!
KerkyThea or Twilight are both a lot easier to use but then again a matter of personal
opinion?like @DaveR said there are many to choose from just depends what you prefer.

:wink:

Most are capable of creating realistic renders but it’s the input from the user that makes it work. They all have a trial versions of some sorts so try them out and see what works best for you. I liked SU podium as a fairly low cost renderer. Maxwell and V-Ray are good also if your budget stretches that far and have some good materials. Or Kerkythea is a good free one.

It took me four months of trying out different ones and it’s going to take me many more to perfect. But I’m happy with my progress so far.

1 Like