Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

@shobhith please don’t post the same thing twice.
It’s also not a very good example of how to make a table.

3 Likes

Hey box
It’s written in that video that it’s just a beginners guide and an easy way to do it so consider it keeping it in mind
Thank you
Shobhith

It should be written that it is a guide from a beginner.

2 Likes

This is not a subject for this thread. When our new Community manager gets time I’m sure it will be shunted to an appropriate place.

My name is Will and I’m a SketchUpper.

(Hello, Will).

I have just retired after spending 20 years in the retail industry designing store environments and fixture /POP components. I have been addicted to SU for the last 4 years. Prior to that, I was a hardcore AutoCAD evangelist, teaching and modeling with it since the early 1990’s (before it really even had 3D modeling). But after 10 minutes with SU, I was hooked, and I can proudly say that I cannot (effectively) use ACAD anymore!

To me, it’s the intuitiveness of the software, and the ease with which I can “sculpt” in pixels that drew me and keeps me in SU. I would call myself an advanced user, but after attending 3DBasecamp this year, I realize I am on the beginner’s side of the advanced platform.

Since I’m newly retired, I need to get a setup so I can open my own design firm. Initially, I’ll be on this forum looking for hardware recommendations, I plan to use the most current SU Pro (2016, at this time).

I’ve a few models in the Warehouse, and I plan to be certified later this year. Once I have a website for my business, I’ll post that.

Other than the fun questions, that about sums up my intro. Really looking forward to getting on to the next phase of my career and interacting with all the other SketchUppers!

(My fun question: does anyone else add an S to the Heinz bottles in restaurants?)

2 Likes

Hi.Joe here,
Ireland

1 Like

Hi there. I guess this is the new forum, so here I am.

My name is C.B. Edgar. There seems to be a avatar in my profile, so that will do for a photo. :grinning: And there is a smile, so… :smiling_imp:

I am a retired electronics engineer, and I have used SketchUp since before they were Google, but not for my job. I use it for woodworking, remodeling, landscaping, decorating. And of course to impress the babes. :smirk:

I am pretty good with it. I use it in spurts, but I guess I am more or less expert. I have never gone to a 3DBasecamp, but I watched the streaming talks, back when they recorded and streamed them.

I use SketchUp Pro on a MacBook Pro 15inch, mid 2010. I have an Apple magic mouse, keyboard, and a 21" external color calibrated display. I have the pay by the year version of SketchUp, and currently I am using the 2016 version (16.0). I have used a bunch of 3DW models. I am not sure I have contributed.

Beach is good, but long walks require additional incentive.

1 Like

Who are you, who, who? Richard Paar
What is your industry and profession> Auto Tech
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?3D model
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner Mainly use TurboCad

1 Like

Who are you? Drew

What is your industry and profession? Freelance Commercial Interior Designer

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Professionally I use SketchUp everyday in the design process of my projects to show my clients walk throughs, V-Ray renders, bespoke furniture design etc etc.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? Its ease of use and the speed - so easy to impress clients when they are sat next to you.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? Advanced - well i think I am.

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. I am a Mac user all the way and have SketchUp Pro 2016

Do you have a 3DW page with your models, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? www.drewpatmore.com

Anything else you would like to tell us? Love to learn and expand my knowledge of this fabulous piece of software

What is your favorite Emoji?

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? Yes - its my switch off time and reflect on now and the future

2 Likes

Hi, I am a newbie, having dabbled in the past, some five years ago. I am modelling a house extension for my self-build, and somewhat in awe of the complex models I see on display in various places. Sketchup is not my main pastime, though, I need a quickly learnable basic tool to model house building blocks, doors, windows, lintels etc - and eventually a roof! So, I am on the free version - happy to go to an upgrade sometime, but I can’t see any features that would improve my life… :wink:

1 Like

Hi, am a consultant for green buildings who started out as an architect. I’ve used Sketchup for some design work. Now learning to use it for creating models in Energy Plus (simulation software for building energy use that takes Sketch Up models with a special extension). Still a relative beginner. - Smita @ Energy Shrink, LLC

1 Like

Hello! I’m Dmitry Paukov from Saint Petersburg, Russia. Was born in 1985, a fan of SketchUp since 2011. I use SketchUp mostly for interiors, make renders with V-Ray and SU Podium. My favorite plugin is Artisan, I use it quite a lot. I give SketchUp lessons as well here in Saint Petersburg and on Skype too.
Here is a couple of my V-Ray for SU renders and a link to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sucoaching/

2 Likes

Hello My name is Allyn Phillips, I live in Canton, Michigan USA
I am retired from the Auto Industry, I’m an IT professional specializing in Telecommunications and Internet security.
I am new to SketchUp and plan to use it to build a deck and possibly furniture as a hobby.
I am a beginner using SketchUp and bought a book and now want to try it, so right now I do not have a clue how to use it.
I am using a Dell computer with Windows 10 installed
I have built some Adirondack chairs but would really like to start on more refined furniture and possibly Jewelry boxes.
I don’t have a favorite Emoji
I do enjoy being with Family, we watch our 8 year old Granddaughter twice a week, she is a lot of fun but I’m really tired of going to McDonalds, so we may turn into vegetarians…soon

1 Like

Hi everyone!

For the beggin.I am mysterious…… so little half of me :blush:

My name is Agnes, I am 26yo. I come from Poland and I am begginer interior designer.
I love this sooo much!
I am here because I want to make maximum realistic visualisation! This is my challange :slight_smile:
I am master of kitchen designer :slight_smile: I making another space, but I still learn about this.

In Sketchup i like making materials. Allways I try to do this realistic.
I am intermediete user of Sketchup and I am use 2014 pro version.

A few words about me privately :yum:
I love nature, beach , sun, quiet and beautiful places… I like health food, sport (gym, rollers) In future I want to go to the Srilanka or Maledivy- my little dream to be there on vacation…loooong vacation :relieved:

Ok, I think …enough about me, TIME TO LEARN HOW TO CREATE REALISTIC VISUALISATION!!
Nice to be here!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Who are you, who, who?
André and I live in the Netherlands

What is your industry and profession?
Currently, I work as a government employ, but I would like to work professional white SketchUp. I have a degree in Construction.

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
Mainly I use SketchUp personally

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
I use SketchUp to create models and put them on the 3D Warehouse, mostly construction and landscape models. I love SketchUp because it’s easy to use and really user-friendly.

How proficient are you in SketchUp?
Intermediate, I use it SketchUp since SketchUp 8.

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No

What is your current set up?
Mac book Air, SketchUp 2016 Pro, always the latest version

Do you have a 3DW page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/hoogland

Renderd in Shaderlight

1 Like

Hello, my name is Marion and I am new to both this forum as well as to Scratch. I found this tool searching the internet for a possibility to make a design for my balcony garden. I have not yet started because I will first get through the tutorials to become familiar with this program.
I am a woman (no need to use this program to impress the babes, because I am one myself :wink: ), 57 years old and interested in nature, animals in general and travelling near and far. I live in the west of Netherlands and yes, I do like long walks.

1 Like

Hi, howdy, hey,
My name is John and I <3 SketchUp. We’ve kind of been an off and on thing since 2007 but I’ve been untrue on a number of occasions paling around with “other ‘cad’ programs”. But I’m back and this time it’s forever, I’ve gone Pro. Yay 2016

Anyway…

Who are you, who, who?

What is your industry and profession? Arch/Eng/Const
Where do you use SketchUp? Home and on the job
Personally/professionally? Both
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? It’s the bees knees. I had a better grasp of SU after a month than I did with ACAD after the years.
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? I’m Steelers Wheel
Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Not yet
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.480. 4yr old MacBookPro
Do you have a 3DW page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Not yet
Anything else you would like to tell us? I killed two stones with one bird once.
What is your favorite Emoji? The smiling dung pile
Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? No, but I do off of short piers.

1 Like

Hello! I am Chelsea and I am new to 3D design, though I’ve been working with computers for 20 years as a developer and designer. I’m hoping to get my feet wet here and teach myself how to start creating files to use for 3D printing.

1 Like

Hi, I’m TurtleToad
I’m a retired Senior Citizen that has used Autodesk AutoCad since the 80’s (I still have AutoCad 2000 loaded on one of my old laptops) and am now trying to learn Sketch-Up Make 16. In my former life I was in the Naval Arch/Marine Eng field as an Electrical/Electronics, Navigation, & Communication Systems Designer. Prior to that I was a Field Engineer for Xerox Computers and am retired military (CWO4-Eng with 8 years USN (SS) and 15 years USCG) Currently, I’m using an ASUS laptop (pre touchscreen) with Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, and a Canon IX 6500 wide format printer.

2 Likes

Hello all my name is Trevor and I am a Landscape Designer in Idaho. Not Iowa, but Idaho - it is a state in the northwest that produces a lot of potatoes and has amazing mountains. These incredible mountains produce world class fly fishing and big game hunting. I have been doing both of these activities ever since I was able to.

I currently work at an up and coming landscape firm in Idaho. I was given the task to start out our 3d visualization division in our company. I started out using sketchup when we started and have used it on every project since. You can see all of my renders on our website at www.stackrockgroup.com.

I have not been an avid sketchup forum user but am looking forward to getting involved. I have had a lot of problems with sketchup in the past and would love to pass down my knowledge to others. I specialize in modeling residential landscape components. But I have also modeled commercial projects as well. I have also done some 3d drafting for architects and property managers. So if you need any help with those items then just shoot me a message. Also if you need any work done then let me know as well.

Here is a picture of my 2d character that I created in sketchup. I created characters for everyone in my office and it was way too fun. I will conclude with one photo of my most recent project.

3 Likes