V-Ray 3.0 for SketchUp

We are currently in a private beta stage for V-Ray 3.0 for SketchUp. We are looking for a few folks who use OS X on a daily basis and would be interested in testing V-Ray 3.0.

If you are interest please let me know.

Best regards,
Corey Rubadue

Director
CHAOSGROUP

5 Likes

I don’t have OS X but if there is a beta for Windows I’d be very interested.

1 Like

Corey,

We only use OS X.

Kind regards,

Guy

Unfortunately, I no longer own a Mac for OS X. Just bunch of windows machines to test.

1 Like

That’s unlucky, I’m using V-Ray but I’m on a Windows machine as well.

Hi Corey,
I am keen on testing Vray 3.0 beta for mac
Cheers
Ari

Hi Corey,

Sounds great. We work with Mac OS and would like to test your Beta of V-Ray 3.0 for Mac.

Best regards,

Matthijs Kraan
matthijs@freyr.eu

HI Corey
I use Sketchup on OSX on a daily basis, I’m currently using Maxwell but would be interested in testing V-Ray.

regards
Rob Dennis

Would really love to be involved in testing Vray 3.0 for sketchup on OS X.
I use Vray 2.0 every working day and would like to help in anyway.

Regards
Drew

Fantastic, thank you everyone. We will be in touch with you each directly to get you involved. For those of you who are on windows…we are about to start an exclusive invitation only beta to existing customers. If you are not an existing customer and are interested in getting invited to this beta period let me know.

5 Likes

Hi Corey,

I’d like to see what 3.0 can do, particularly with gpu renders. Please add me to the list for windows.

RP

I’d also be very excited to try the 3.0 Beta for Windows. I’ve tried version 2 a little in architecture school but never got passed the threshold of the very cumbersome UI. Seeing version 3.0 on the Basecamp made me really happy!

I’m a plugin developer myself and especially interested in usability so hopefully I could provide useful feedback :slight_smile: .

Hey Corey! Any chance for me to get involved for Windows as well? I’ve been using V-Ray since 2012 and would like to give a helping hand to make it better.
You can see some of my 3D renderings here.

Besides rendering I avidly focus on psychologically correct User Interfaces, having completed a mid-dissertation project about SketchUp, for my Marketing class from uni last year.

I’ve recently graduated from the ANUAC University and I’m currently retouching/refining my 3D projects. I could test the new version on my updated projects.

By the way, @josephkim626 might be interested as well, as I know, we two are more or less in the same field. Hi Jo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, I use V-Ray for SketchUp OSX and would be interested in testing 3.0

Best,

Brandon

@everyone, here is the content of the official email we sent out yesterday. Some of you may not get this email directly so I’m sharing here. Remember, you must be an existing customer to participate in this beta. You may want to contact your local reseller to inquire about our current upgrade promotions.

Best Regards,
Corey

"You’ve been selected as a private beta tester for V-Ray 3 for SketchUp. Please complete the brief application form, using the login account associated with your V-Ray purchase. You’ll have full access to all the new features, faster GPU rendering and designer-friendly interface. V-Ray 3 for SketchUp has been built from the ground up, specifically for designers and design workflows. This private beta includes the latest V-Ray core rendering technology we’re famous for.

See the complete list of new features.

To save your spot in this limited private beta, please fill in the application form. You’ll be able to start testing and sharing your feedback immediately. Submit your feedback, feature requests and bug reports in the new V-Ray for SketchUp beta forum.

We look forward to you joining us. Your input and testing will help shape the final release of V-Ray 3 for SketchUp.

Ted Vitale
V-Ray for SketchUp Product Manager"

have all the emails been sent now for becoming a beta tester for sketchup on os x system.

Cheers,
Drew

@Drew, I believe so. Drop me an email though so I can check to see what’s going on.

Corey Rubadue
Director

Chaos Group
180 W. Ostend St, Suite 267A
Baltimore, MD 21230
O. +1 410 468 0777
F. +1 443 378 7124
C. +1 4104403907

chaosgroup.comhttp://www.chaosgroup.com/ | [Facebook] https://www.facebook.com/chaosgroup [Twitter] https://twitter.com/chaosgroup

I’m a bit confused. Does this mean it’s only for existing customers or not? I’m currently not a customer.

This confused me as well. Is there an opportunity to participate in the beta program for those of us who are not current V-Ray customers? I submitted a response by PM, but never received a response.

Hello Carey.
I am interested in helping with beta for Windows. Currently I am not a customer .
I was working as a beta tester when he was ASGVIS .
Thank you.
A greeting.