Under the hood of Windows tech problem - preserve Num Lock state across reboots

Continuing the discussion from Any chance to change the , use for . in SU?:

I’m moving this discussion to the Corner Bar since it has almost nothing to do with any Trimble product.

Summary: @mr_robinson wants to find a way to have his Windows 10 computer start up with “Num Lock” enabled - and he’s frustrated by the difficulty of accomplishing this on this system. So far, all solutions he’s seen searching the web involve using regedit to change registry keys - something he’s not comfortable doing.

I was unable to suggest anything because my computer (Lenovo X240) preserves the “Num Lock” state when I reboot or power cycle - so I can’t duplicate the problem. It’s also been so long since I’ve had to deal with OS/BIOS/Registry tweaks that I’m hoping someone else on this forum can give him good advice - or at least refer him to another more appropriate forum!

Thanks in advance!

First paragraph here might be useful.

[quote=“sjdorst, post:1, topic:44889”]…using regedit to change registry keys - something he’s not comfortable doing.
[/quote]

double-clicking the according REG file in attached ZIP will do:

Num Lock on Startup.reg.zip (313 Bytes)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.