Trying to use SketchUp Make 2017 - Won't Work

Well, for the moment you have SketchUp running. I think we’ll need someone from the team to offer some suggestions as to what might be the issue.

Yes please…how can I get help from the SketchUp Team?

Wait and see if they chime in on this thread tomorrow.

Thank you!

Well I guess nobody from SketchUp wants to help. I was going to use this as a test for actually purchasing the product, but given that their tech support is not interested in helping me with this, then I shall move on to another product.

It’s unfortunate that you still haven’t fixed your profile to make it clear exactly what your system set up is. I asked you to correct it two days ago but you haven’t done it. Knowing the operating system version and the graphics card in your computer could help get you some assistance. I guess it’s too late now and you’ve moved on.

Dave,
I updated my info. Windows 8 OS ad Intel(R) HD Graphics Family…that’s all I know
Thanks

We need more info about your graphics hardware

There’s some notable changes with SU17 - OpenGL 3.0 is required and only hardware acceleration is supported. This requirement centers around your graphic hardware and its driver which supplies the OpenGL functionality.

Thanks Catamountain…
I am happy to provide any info I can…so how do I do that? LOL

BTW I run a PC…NOT a Mac. :slight_smile:

OK I found the properties of the Graphics card…there are several options to choose from for info on the card. What specific info do you need?

What version is your Intel HD graphics - there are several.

“version” is not one of the options to select to get info on. However “Hardware Ids” is: this is what comes up;

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&SUBSYS_397817AA&REV_0B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&SUBSYS_397817AA
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A1E&CC_0300

The top line was highlighted when I selected the “hardware Ids” Option…

The Driver version is: 9.18.10.3165

Try the free program Speccy to see if something more descriptive shows up about your graphic hardware.

Try updating your graphic driver directly from your computer manufacturer.

I updated graphic drivers - no joy.

Speccy says this about my graphics:

Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family (Lenovo)

Upon further investigation with Speccy:

Graphics
Monitor
Name Generic PnP Monitor on Intel HD Graphics Family
Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels
Work Resolution 1366x728 pixels
State Enabled, Primary
Monitor Width 1366
Monitor Height 768
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Device \.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
Intel HD Graphics Family
Manufacturer Intel
Model HD Graphics Family
Device ID 8086-0A1E
Revision C
Subvendor Lenovo (17AA)
Current Performance Level Level 0
Driver version 9.18.10.3272

You will need to get the graphics driver up to 4061 or later, or SketchUp 2017 will not work.

You may also have a 1st or 2nd generation Intel HD graphics that may not support OpenGL 3.0.
What is your CPU model ?

1 Like

Tell ya what, see if you can run Checkup, and post the .sulog file in this post.

So, just to be clear, it doesn’t report an actual model number for the graphics card (just “HD Graphics Family”)?