Trying to locate materials library for SketchUp Make

I’m using SketchUp Make 14.1.1283 and am trying to download additional materials (.skm files) on a Mac running 10.7.5, but I can’t find the materials library. The installation notes for the add-ons says I’ll find the library at ~/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8*/SketchUp/Materials/ but there is no SketchUp directory in Application Support (I know the version is different). Can anyone tell me if I can add materials to SketchUp Make, and how to do it?

Since Su was bought by Trimble, it should be something more like:
~/Library/Application\ Support/SketchUp/SketchUp\ 2014/SketchUp/Materials/

If not there, open the Ruby Console (from SketchUp’s Window menu,) and try typing:

Sketchup::find_support_file("Materials")

Thanks Dan. I used Ruby as suggested:

Sketchup::find_support_file(“Materials”)
Response was : /Users/Tim/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Materials
I had a look in Finder but there is no folder called library under /Users/Tim If I try and create a new folder called Library there, I’m told I can’t as that name is already taken. Is it because I’m using SketchUp Make (free) instead of Pro that I can’t add extra materials, perhaps? Still struggling!

Method 1
In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder.
In the Go To Folder dialog, type ~/Library
Click Go.

Method 2
Hold down the Alt (Option) key when using the Go menu. The user library folder is listed below the current user’s home directory.
Note: After you open the Library folder, you can drag the Library icon from the top of that window to the Dock, Side Bar, or toolbar. That way, it’s readily accessible.

Method 3
The following method makes the user library folder permanently visible.
Launch Terminal from Mac HD > Applications > Utilities.
From within Terminal type the following command and press Return:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
Enter the system administrator password, if prompted, and press Return.
Note: The System administrator password is not visible as you type it.
Close Terminal for this change to take effect.

1 Like

mk11, you’re a champ. Thanks.