Trimble Connect LoadError - SketchUp 2016 Pro Win10 x64

Sketchup 2016pro on Win10Pro 64bit
Error: #<Encoding::ConverterNotFoundError: code converter not found (UTF-16LE to Windows-1258)>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/tmpdir.rb:15:in systmpdir' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/tmpdir.rb:15:in class:Dir
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/tmpdir.rb:13:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require' c:/users/danhnamarchitect/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/su_trimble_connect/main.rbs:9:in
C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/loader.rb:20:in eval' C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/loader.rb:20:in require’
C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/loader.rb:20:in <module:TrimbleConnect>' C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/loader.rb:8:in <top (required)>’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load’
C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect.rb:36:in register_extension' C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect.rb:36:in module:TrimbleConnect
C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect.rb:8:in <module:Trimble>' C:/Users/DanhNamArchitect/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect.rb:7:in <top (required)>’

The error occurs when attempting to call Etc.systmpdir().

@yhanzuii,

Did you install SketchUp by right-clicking the installer, and choosing “Run as administrator” ?

Do you use Unicode characters in your username ?
(I see the path above have “DanhNamArchitect” as the username. They look like all ASCII characters, which is good.)

Go here: SketchUp Diagnostics for Extension Problems
… and get the Diagnostic Data file generator, and then post the data file HERE, (in this thread.)

@yhanzuii, please see:

and

thank you for your respond. i will ckeck it

i have chosen Run As administrator. Even, i uninstall WIN again. But I still failed

This is caused by the long-standing Ruby trunk string encoding bug with Vietnamese codepage 1258:

Ruby trunk Bug #7742: System encoding (Windows-1258) is not recognized by Ruby to convert back to UTF-8

Basically Ruby ships without a transcoder for Windows-1258.

The only current workaround is for Vietnamese users to change their locale to US.