Spanish Roof tile

Chris, I think it looks terrific. Nicely done. I think this is a really good example of combining images and geometry to good effect.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the tile at the very peak should be on top so the joints aren’t exposed.

-Gully

Gully, thank you for all your help!!!

Same to you Geo!!!
Chris

Very nice Chris. I like the combination of modeled tiles and imagery.

Doesn’t look like anyone commented on ValliArchitects Instant Roof. It’s the bomb! Rather than model each tile, it creates partial cylinders with an end at the eave. It then uses a texture image to give the impression of overlapping courses. You get the benefit of shadow definition where it counts without the bloat. It also creates the roof surfaces, hip or gable conditions, overhangs with rafter tails, etc. From there, you’re free to mess with it some more to take it where you want. I duplicated the entire field and moved it up to create the double starter course. I also created a component with a build-up of tiles for the end of ridges.

2 Likes

Thank you Geo. Coming from you , it is very encouraging.
Chris

Gully,
A few posts above I was asking your opinion about the ValliArchitects Instant Roof. Stevehausz posted in this tread an interesting note and a picture about it. Thank you stevehausz.
As a person learning SU from you guys, it would be very useful for me (us) to know your feeling about this plugin (if I can call it plugin).
I checked the website and was impressed with what we can do with this tool, but again I am a just a beginner with SU.
Thank you again.
Chris