Skup ? Really ? Sounds dirty to me

Continuing the discussion from Support of UV mapping for Game Engines (UE, Unity):

Skup?

Really? Sounds like it describes “Some scum” or something likewise filthy.

Does anyone really refer to SketchUp as “Skup” ? Should we ?

Have you been skupped yet today ?
I feel so skuppy!
Hey, Skup You!

I (now) know one person, let’s call him “R”…

I don’t know anyone by the name “R”, but see this site: http://skup.be/
It’s about visualizing 3D models → creating images.
This is on their site:
Skup creëert eenvoudige en betaalbare 3D-visualisaties. Skup werd opgericht door architect Johan Van Mol en interieurarchitecte Evelyne Justens.

Sinds 2008 zijn ze beiden professioneel actief in de bouwwereld. Johan is niet enkel architect, maar geeft ook al 5 jaar SketchUp les in bijberoep. Evelyne volgde na haar master interieurarchitectuur een bijkomende opleiding meubelontwerp in Mechelen. Op dit moment zijn Johan en Evelyne allebei werkzaam op een architectenbureau.

3D-visualisaties moeten volgens Skup heldere en leesbare voorstellingen zijn. Skup vermijdt overbodige detaillering, en een te sterke focus op foto-realisme. 3D-beelden mogen 3D-beelden blijven: een hulpmiddel om een ontwerp zo duidelijk mogelijk aan een klant voor te stellen. Het draait uiteindelijk om communicatie. Liefst zo efficiënt en tijdsbesparend mogelijk.

Let Google translate

Funny it sounds dirty to you @DanRathbun , for me it sounds minty fresh :wink:

1 Like

scope is not a four letter word, so must be clean and :innocent: minty fresh

But for me it speaka about some monkey business (ok, you need to add a letter)…

Anssi

true,

reminds me of the story I heard in 1980’s , I checked and it would seem to be true
I quote
"incidentally I have a cute story about Rootes for you. Rootes Melbourne was a British company, remember, and Chrysler Australia bought them and it was known as Chrysler Rootes Melbourne plant. And in Australia you did not have a new model every year, so they had VC, VA, and VB, didn’t call the ’78 and ’79 because you didn’t have a new model every year, it was a letter designation. And they had VC and the next model was VE. We didn’t have a VD model. Because someone says “to root” in Australia is intercourse and someone said, “I don’t think we should introduce a model VD. I can see the headline right now: ‘Chrysler Rootes Melbourne introduces VD into Australia.’”

So we went from VC to VE."

and root is a four letter word here in aussie

So does this make us all skuppers? If I model a skp of a Herman Miller chair, has it been skuppered?