Sketchy Physics: Water drop

Hi,
I’m trying to design the water drop (from Dean O’Callaghan, inspired by the work of Reuben Margolin)

the complexity is the creation of a hole inside a circle. To do that, I splited a cicle into 12 parts grouped together.
It works fine with the first concentric circle inside the white ball, but as soon as I add the second concentric circle, the application crashes when I run it.
The problem is clearly related to the collision between the two concentric circle.
Do you have a similar experience with this kind of design?

water-drop-v1.4b1.skp (1.2 MB)

I’m using SU 8 32 bits (by the way, is there an active link to download SU 2103 3é bits ? I already installed SU 2015 64 bits that is not compatible with SP) ?

Thanks

SketchUp Make 2014 Download Links (provided here)

1 Like

Finally, I found a solution to my problem of concentric circles.
I set the status of the concentric circle to “Ignore” and I create two “support” (small circles) with a “Cylinder” shape.
I created a group with the two supports and the concentric circle. The group is linked with a slider joint
In this case, the animation remains fluid (not too much calculation to be solved by SP)

Now, I can continue to work on the project to create a correct shape for the waves … to be continued :slight_smile: