SketchUp and macOS Sierra

downloaded per the web page link, but it shows a feb 2016 date and after installing it, I get the “update” notice again. The date on both sketch up and layout is 2.24.16.

jfk3674 -

Did you download SketchUp 2016 Make or Pro? English, or another language? We could have some trouble with our links. And (at the risk of being obnoxious), you are on the Mac, right? This release was Mac-only to address Sierra.

Thanks,
Tyler

@tyler_miller so that people can verify, what is the full version number of this release? I’m seeing 16.1.2418

It would be handy if your downloads page mentioned the date it was modified. I already had 16.1 installed, and the new download is also 16.1, but at least shows as modified on September 19th. It is a more recent version, and does fix the bugsplat when closing document issue. But, a date in the downloads page would have been encouraging,

That does seem to be the right version number.

Yes, 16.1.2418 is the new release. We call it SketchUp 2016 M2 (Mac).

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue as J. Cleared History and Cache. Tried 3 times, keep getting V16.1.1451 With the Feb, 2016 date.

I’m having the same issue as J. Cleared History and Cache. Tried with Chrome and Safari, getting V16.1.1451

Hello supporters
Still getting old version V16.1.1451 instead of 16.1.2418
Does anybody have a correct link to the newest version?
LayOut doesn’t starts at all under macOS Sierra with old SU version

txs
Hans

I tried again this a.m. and instead of clicking on the check for update links within Sketchup, I went directly to the Sketchup download page via Safari. I finally got t he correct version downloaded.

as always, download from here.

This url works ! Download All | SketchUp

nothing different than above, direct download by:

SU Pro macOS EN : http://dl.trimble.com/sketchup/SketchUpPro-en.dmg
SU Make macOS EN : http://dl.trimble.com/sketchup/SketchUpMake-en.dmg

1 Like

Is this M2 release only Mac?
Why version munber is not 16.2.xxxx ?
Is there any release notes?

I cannot thank you and the rest of the team enough, and just in time, I had another LayOut file that needed re-labeling. Launch, edit, save, close, launch…was getting tedious :laughing:

1 Like

@genki_tt don’t worry, you’re not missing anything on a PC, there were incompatibilities that made SU and LO difficult to use with the latest macOS update. It’s not new functionality, it’s just getting the old functionality back.

seems that the recent build of macOS v11.12 ‘Sierra’ has currently an issue with wide screen resp. WQHD resolution displays driving them with max. FullHD only.

Same issue persisting

Having frustrations with the text thing - so wish I’d read your announcement!
Is there a way to fix the RTF parsing?