SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2016

Basecamp this year is June 13th - 15th Register here!

This group is for all Basecamp attendees to discuss anything related to Basecamp. Feel free to arrange a carpool, organize a room share or just make a new friend beforehand. Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together?

Click here to read our blog post.

7 Likes

Its about time!

its unfortunate that i will be too far away from it.

Great Alex … Get-in!

1 Like

Hi everybody,

You guys are all officially the first to know: 3D Basecamp 2016 is coming to Steamboat Springs, Colorado, June 13th - 15th. Read more about the event on the SketchUpdate blog, or visit SketchUp.com/3DBasecamp for more information.

Hope to see you in Steamboat!

Mark

4 Likes

I’m in! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I’m in (ordered the ticket right away). Basecamp + some mountain biking perhaps… Nice to see the mountains in summer this time.

2 Likes

The mountain biking in Steamboat is great! Let me know if you want some tips on trails to explore!

2 Likes

It’s about time I go to a Basecamp! It sounds amazing.

I plan to be there too. Still trying to determine if I can come to Bootcamp as well.

Hi,

I dont understand what is it. Is it a camp for tranning Sketchup’s skills or something? What kind of tranning if its that?

Can anyone tell me; if I were to fly in from Pittsburgh and attend both Bootcamp and Basecamp…what the best booking arrangements for flight and accomodations would be through?

@ jp and abellabbe

I’d encourage you both to check out SketchUp.com/3DBasecamp. There’s lots of info there about the event and also travel/lodging!

Mark

Ok I just read it ! I saw the video of 1 hour of talking ! Is it more talking or practice ? Im ok with english but i dont know if I will understand everythings if we talk on a long period. Will I be lost if i miss a part? Im interested for both camp.

@abellabbe

It’s true that both 3D Basecamp and 3D Bootcamp will be conducted in
English. In the case of 3D Bootcamp, we expect that there will be more
hands-on modeling that happens during the event. Even so, I’d have to say
that English would be the language that instructions will be delivered in.

@abellabbe, there’s a lot of opportunity to ask questions if you miss something during a presentation, at breakfast, lunch, dinner and late into the evening :slight_smile:

@Mark Am i better take the Yampa Valley Regional Airport? If i want to stay a week, will i have the competitive rate for 3D Basecamp attendees at two great hotels. Thanks !

I saw that they have a promotional code when registering. Is that for a discount and if so, what is the code?

Denver will be the best to fly into, then shuttle or rental.

I’d recommend staying at either of the 2 accommodations that give the discount, it’s about the same for in town basic hotels.

Cheers!

Hi @abellabbe

Sorry I missed this post. The answer is: it depends. As you can see, the Yampa Valley airport is a bit more expensive than flying into Denver, but you probably save a bit of time (depending on whether you have a long layover), and you don’t have to pay for the shuttle to Steamboat from the airport. I believe the hotel will honor the conference rate for your entire stay; I’ll double check.

Mark