SketchUp 2017 is here!

8 posts were split to a new topic: LayOut 2017 not starting

@andrew_goddard, it can take awhile for CheckUp to analyze your system.

System requirements have tightened. Your system needs to support hardware acceleration. Update your forum profile with real graphic card and OS info.

Best to start a new thread to get assistance.

2 Likes

Where to go to when licenses for plugins aren’t detected? (Artisan / ProfileBuilderPro)

1 Like

Lots of nice things, Most of which I did not have on the radar nur still will apreciate.

But i was hoping for more LayOut stuff, eg. around line styles for viewports, so less exploding is needed.
And things to facilitate viewport stacking, or ways to make them Not needed (hatching in SketchUp)

2 Likes

Congratulations to the SketchUp team! This year passed so quickly. It seems that the 2016 update was yesterday. Great job with the new version and wishing you all the best in the future years to come! :thumbsup:

:heart: SketchUp!

2 Likes

Thanks to the SketchUp Team for there effort in this new fantastic version.
For the people who want to use Skalp with this new SketchUp version please download Skalp 2.0 beta from our website. Skalp 1.2 doesn’t work together with SketchUp 2017.

1 Like

There’s not multitouch/trackpad support, really?

This might be a rookie question: but I have a current SketchUp Maintenance contract number, shouldn’t I be able to update and use my license number on 2017?

Yes but you will need to use the license wizard: http://www.sketchup.com/license/renew
as the serial number has changed

5 Likes

Awesome, that worked. Thanks cuberille.

To expand on @cuberille’s answer in case any one else is wondering: the license numbers are different for every version of SketchUp. It has never been possible to simply copy your old license to a new version regardless of maintenance status. You always have to use that wizard to get a new license number.

3 Likes

Finally! High DPI support. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m glad that SketchUp is continually improved. It is a great product made even greater by this attention to user needs; however, as a (relatively) new user I need to ask about all the extensions and tools that I downloaded or purchased for the 2016 Make. When I installed the 2017 Make, none of them showed up nor did any of my customized template files. As a foolish rookie (despite being mid 8th decade in life) I uninstalled the 2016 make before making a list of the things I wanted to bring to the new one.

What, if anything, can I do now? Would re-installing the 2016 Make get those goodies back for me so I’ll know what to do to 2017?

TIA

Still no PDF import…bummer…but other a better note wow…Im so excited

1 Like

@rabbithutch, with each new version of SU, the Ruby environment changes, and sure enough, there were plenty of changes with this version. So plugins may or may not work in the latest version of SU. It’s best to install the latest version of each plugin. That being said, check the SU16 Plugins folder to see if your plugin collection was deleted. If not, at least you would have a record of what you added.

How about starting a new thread to better focus on setting up your installation of SU17?

The skalp window open in sketchup 2017 but without any respond, and when opening skalp sketchup hang and forced to close it from the task manager.

Did you installed Skalp 2.0? Skalp 1.2 doesn’t support SketchUp 2017. You can download Skalp 2.0 beta from our website.

I downloaded skalp v2.0.0114 beta with sketchup 2017 support, and I’m already purchased skalp not as trial.

OH ■■■■!!! I just downloaded and installed SketchUpMake 2017 and nothing was imported from the 2016 version. Thus I’m forced to reinstall everything and recustomize everything. OH JOY!!! What a PITA!

Actually i tried to send message first through website of skalp but it doesn’t work that’s why i contacted you here. ok i’ll send you on this email.team viewer is very good idea i have it already setup.