Sketchup 2015 closes suddenly

Hi,

i had several times that SketchUp closes unexpectedly.
I am having the following in my laptop:

Dell inspiron 17 7000:
5th generation Intel® Core™ i7-5500U processor (4 MB cache, tot 3,00 GHz) with a intell HD graphics5500 card
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bits)
17,3-inch Full HD (1.920 x 1.080) Truelife touchscreen
16GB1 Dual Channel DDR3L op 1600MHz
1 TB SATA hybride harde schijf (5.400 rpm) met 8 GB cache
NVIDIA® GeForce® 845M 2 GB GDDR5 graphics card.

I tried to disable the HD graphics 5500, but SU still closes suddenly without a bugsplat window showing up.
And sometimes it does show the bugsplat window.

Any tips to solve this problem would be most welcome.

Kind regards, Koen

Hi Koen-

I found your recent bugsplat reports (for other SU folks, start with crash id 92307).

As far as I can tell, the crash is not directly related to your graphics card. This particular issue appears to be related to the Windows menu system. We’ve started seeing this crash more often lately, and the development team is working to track down the problem.

Here’s another thread with someone else who’s getting the same crash: SketchUp Crashing Often

I’d recommend contacting tech support directly so that they know you’re having this issue.

thanks,
Marc

1 Like

Hi Marc, thanks for your reply , i did send a message to tech support.
Hopefully they can help me out.

All the best, Koen

HELLO SIR, I’m having a problem with my sketchup 2016 right now that similar to your problem, My sketchup is suddenly closes. How did you fix sir? help me please

Bonjours je m’excuse deja si je me suis tromper de section mais le site n’affiche pas ma langue qui est le francais…

j’ecrit ici car j’ai developper des petit proget que j’ai enregistrer deplacer sur un disk et quand j’ai voulu reouvrire mon proget a ete verouiller pas l’utilisateur (je n’ai jamais rien verouiller) donc je recherche juste a pouvoir reacceder a se que j’ai fait (l’ordi ne change pas) en vous remercient d’avance de prendre le temps de m’aider a recuperer les proget crée avec votre logiciel.