Show us the way you have SketchUp set up on your computer right now

My window.
I use mostly just 6 options. The most commonly used pencil.
Screen resolution only 1366x768.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi,
I’m brand new to the forum.
Happened to read this title and found it very interesting.
Here is my screenshot.
I’m a enthusiastic Mac user, but, as I can see among other users in this forum, I miss the way tool-palettes could be arranged on PC… (among other things of SketchUp that happen to work better on PCs).
Thank you
Ciao
Matteo

1 Like

1 Like

I have another monitor for dedicating all the dialogues. toolbar is set to allow the view port proportioned closest to 16:9 ratio for renderings.

Dear Genki, some of the ICONS of your extensions look right what I need. Can you tell me what extensions you use (screenshot of extension settings would do). Would be very nice! Thanks, kijkeenshier

1 Like

Nothing fancy - use mostly free plugins with the exception of trimble MEP designer which I am trialing at the moment.
1001 Bit wall & stair builder are used very often as are steel sketch & edge finder tools. I also use scenes to alternate between fast and slow rendering styles. With models like this that have a very large model that needs to be drawn I create a separate style which has no edges to speed up rendering and enable me to orbit the model quickly then switch back to shaded with textures to model.

Dual screen setup with high spec Z Station laptop. Mostly have Revit & Navisworks working on separate screen. Occassionally 3DS Max for high resolution renders.

2 Likes

New to Sketchup, but having fun

1 Like

1 Like

While my subject matter is not very glamorous, I do love using SketchUp and Layout to produce documents that no one expects from a precast concrete manufacturer. I’m running Sketchup and Layout on the same screen on my MBP, and I just cmd+tab between them while I work. I do wish there was a better toolbar and pallet solution for Macs, it’s the only real hinderance to working with the programs.

3 Likes

Here’s my screenshot.

1 Like

1 Like

my 3rd attempt to draw a car. i hope you recognize it as a koenigsegg agera r :smiley:

1 Like

Most often this is how my SketchUp screen appears.

1 Like

This is how my SketchUp looks right now.

that’s london tube!!

Nicely spotted :wink: unfortunately i couldn’t do the middle double doors because I suck at SketchUp.

oh please don’t be.
im sure you can figure out how to do it.
it will help you get better at it as you try to figure out :smiley:

Hi Clayton,

May I know where you get so many tools that can be used for landscape design works?

Regards
KC