Show us the way you have SketchUp set up on your computer right now

1 Like

I’m currently set up for sheet metal fabrication creating custom paint booths. My client “sells” on the internet and fabricates these booths verifying the panel dimensions by the Sketchup model I produce. The end product is a Layout file of what we call assembly sheets to show the customer the assembly of the booth at his/her site.
I also produce architectural models and site development models for home owners and developers. I use Sketchup preparing exhibits of remodeling of homes and/or enhancements of homes for our HOA architectural board.

1 Like

Repeating menus… I know! Even when all I use is shortcuts.

2 Likes

My screen, right now? Alright

When using Sketchup, I’m mainly developping these days. Hence the ruby console always open on my second monitor.
A few toolbars, nothing fancy.

3 Likes

Here is how I have my MacBook setup. When I have a monitor attached I move the main window to it and leave the tools on the laptop window

1 Like

@DanRathbun, Are you using big icons? If so, may I ask why?

1 Like

1 Like

Hello
Here is my screenshot with my default template…

2 Likes

1 Like

Hopefully this posts correctly. I’ve used Sketchup infrequently so prefer to have a basic setup. I’m sure there is a better/ more efficient way to draw with it than the way I use it, I just need to put some time in to reading the Help, etc. But I’m so impatient…

1 Like

windows

there you go…I would love the windows to auto-hide…maybe they do and I have not sussed it out yet?

1 Like

Cheers

3 Likes

1 Like

Anyone know how to get the “measurements” window stuck to the bottom info bar?

1 Like

Just close it with the red “x”

2 Likes

H

Here’s mine, nothing special. Some extensions that I use often. Unfortunately it is not possible to have a dock on the left side for the icons. Also the top dock cannot be more then one row on the mac… Really annoying.

Regards,
Peter

1 Like

4 Likes

Here’s my layout, dual monitor arrangement.

1 Like

My SketchUp is used for design. This is the current project - a residential remodel. Currently working on the framing details so you’ll see some extra menus. At this stage I color code my items for quick identification. The final model is then used in Layout to create plans and elevations.

2 Likes

Hi, I am working on a 18,4 inch ACER ASPIRE ETHOS 8950G-267161TMNSS

Want to see more projects of me? Check out my website www.PLAN34.nl

PLAN34 is a 2D/3D Styling-Design-Visualisation company for urban planning, landscape architecture, infrastructural projects, racing liveries and logo’s. Specialized in complex drawing- and design projects ranging from integration of highways or organizing public space to parcelling- and redevelopment planning for residential- and business areas.

2 Likes