Show us the way you have SketchUp set up on your computer right now

Hi everyone,

We’re doing some analysis of SketchUp’s user experience, and we need your help. If you’re willing, take a second to shoot a quick screenshot of the way you have SketchUp set up on your computer right now. I’m not looking for your ‘ideal’ configuration, but instead how SketchUp looks for you right now.

I’m interested to see how you have your windows arranged, which tools you have in the toolbars, which toolbars you have visible. I’m interested to see what you’ve chosen as your default template, rendering style and how you’ve chosen to lay out your settings panels and whatnot. Everything.

I’m looking for a screenshot from every kind of SketchUp user there is on these forums- beginners, experts, minimalists and full-on-total Ruby extension zealots. Windows, Mac… everybody. Just shoot a screenshot and post it to this forum thread for everyone to see.

Let’s see how SketchUp looks around the world today!

john

4 Likes

To kick this off, here’s what my SketchUp looks like today. I’m kind of a minimalist ;-), working on a ShopBot/CNC router test project— a puzzle box. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts when I’m really working and not trying to demo something.

john

2 Likes

Your screenshot doesn’t show any palettes, do you generally not have those open? For me, life in SketchUp is often about fighting with palette positions! I’ll attach the current mess that I see.

As an aside, you would presumably put those piece on their sides, if you were going to 3D print them?

Hmm, I don’t see how to attach an image while doing a post.

1 Like

The fastest way: paste it from the clipboard.

Really great to set a pro robust user interface please and save time on struggling with sticks and tool positions …

My first wish was posted here

I will submit soon

(My netbook screen resolution is 1366 x 768 [8.7" x 4.9"])

3 Likes

My minimalistic arrangement of tools and toolbars. Just to answer questions with having basic SketchUp in sight. Freedo’s tools is some extra to play with, seldome used though

2 Likes

Here’s the way SU always opens on my, sorta quirky, dual monitor setup…

1 Like

It’s interesting to see which extensions people are using. :smile:
If it matters, I’m using a 24" 1920x1200 Samsung monitor.

1 Like

Some more extensions are only used by shortcuts and/or right click menu…

1 Like

FYI: This is a HP 25" external monitor. (On the internal 15", I usually have Explorer & Chrome Browser windows open.)

2 Likes

1 Like

I tried replying to my message and doing a paste. Nothing appeared. Trying in this reply to you… still nothing.

3 Likes

My Puzzle Box

1 Like

1 Like

This is my working screenshot, SketchUp and LayOut…

3 Likes

2 Likes

This is a typical arrangement of things I use somewhat regularly. I would consider myself an intermediate user.
I typically draw furniture (This is 2 variations of a wall cabinet) and indoor/outdoor views of our house for remodeling and landscaping ideas.

2 Likes