Selection Tool process is slow, unbearably slow

I rolled back the driver on my Intel HD 620. Worked for me.

I’m running SketchUp Make 2017 on Windows 10, Intel HD 10.18.10.4358 Driver and having the same issue. Tried rolling back my driver but that option is greyed out (version is from 2015, and has no further updates available). Tried the other method through SketchUp preferences for OpenGL but there is no hardware accelerator option to select either.
I also tried SketchUp Make 2016 and still have the same problem with lagging select tool.

I also tried running ‘SketchUp Free’ under Products category on the SketchUp website and have no problems with the select tool on there - of course!

I tried removing Windows updates but that didn’t do anything, just took more time to wait for them to uninstall and then re-install after noticing there were no differences.
I tried right-clicking on the SketchUp icon as someone mentioned before and selecting to Run with driver, but I don’t have that option either.

How can this be fixed??? Really messing me up for deadlines that I need to meet…

1 Like

can someone explain me [ELI5], how the Selection tool in SU Free works great on my
computer, but doesn’t in Make ‘17?

I had this exact problem with the selection tool. I’m just writing to confirm for anybody combing the internet for a solution that installing the latest Intel graphics drivers fixed the problem for me.

I recently had the same problem with slow clicking/selection - I’m using SU 2016 on Win10 with Intel graphics. I haven’t tried uninstalling or rolling back any windows or driver updates, but this worked for me:

Window > Preferences > OpenGL > unchecked all three boxes (hardware acceleration, texture size and fast feedback).

Selection of objects instantly went back to normal :slight_smile:

For people using SU18 and have this Selection problem, see:

deactivating

is already sufficied and an old one alreay mentioned here thousands of times… but does slow down display output during screen transformations because doing the OpenGL rendering (additionally) on the CPU (instead on the GPU).

Additionally it’s not available since SU v2017 any more.

After entering C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\jsonpatcheditor.exe Preferences workaroundDrawXorRectUseGLFlushNotFlushDraw b true
at the CMD prompt
I get the message ‘C:\Program’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

The path is correct and I can see the application file jsonpatcheditor in the folder.

Please help

How about first making the C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018 directory current (cd )and running the jsonpatcheditor after that. The command prompt doesn’t apparently recognize spaces in paths but the cd command does.

Hi Anssi,

I’m a novice with CMD prompt. I did the following and not sure what it is expecting?

Thanks,
Trevor

C:>cd C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018

C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018>jsonpatcheditor.exe
Wrong number of arguments. Expected 3, found 0.

Usage:
JSONPatchEditor
Where: category = Preferences category
name = Preferences name
type = ‘R’ or ‘r’ to remove this preference

C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018>jsonpatcheditor
Wrong number of arguments. Expected 3, found 0.

Usage:
JSONPatchEditor
Where: category = Preferences category
name = Preferences name
type = ‘R’ or ‘r’ to remove this preference

C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018>r
‘r’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have corrected the syntax, try again.

Try putting quotes (") round the file path, if it has spaces.

Sorry, I missed it.

I ought to have remembered that after fighting with DOS systems for more than 10 years.

Have you found a solution to this problem? I too am getting screwed up for deadlines ever since I purchased a new computer… with new problems.

I just tried this… nothing for my UHD Graphics 620

Is it possible to rectify the problems with your computer by adding a graphics card that is actually up providing decent OpenGL support?

I wish I could say I am tech savvy enough to know what you are referring to but sadly I am not. I am running the new Surface book 2 if that helps. The NIVIDIA 1060 didn’t have a “roll back” option so I tried, as recommended, to roll back my 620 to no avail.

You didn’t say you had an Nvidia card but looking at your profile, I see now that you did list it. It should be plenty capable of handling SketchUp but it does need to be set to be the default for SketchUp. Right click on the desktop and bring up the Nvidia control panel to see if it it is the default for SketchUp.

Out of curiosity, what kind of a deadline could you have with SketchUp Make since it is for hobby use only?

I FOUND A SOLUTION!! Run Sketchup in Compatibility mode. I picked Win 8 because I know it works cause I run SU17 on a Surface Pro at work. Simple AND WORKS! I tried all the other stuff…drivers, update rollbacks…