Searching for Extensions

Hi I have 2 frequent processes that I do manually and I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any extensions that will help do these more efficiently. If there is not an extension then please consider these requests.

A. Process of centering objects when there is no easily found midpoint to snap to. (Not a big deal, but would be nice to streamline this operation and not have to draw/delete anything to do it)

Right now I am usually drawing an edge then selecting the point of the geometry to be at center and using the edge as a guide.

If there is no extension for this I would like to be able to select the geometry, then the point to be used for centering (midpoint of geometry, axis or manual selection). Then draw a guide from point 1 to point 2 and have the object moved to the midpoint of that guide.

B. Process of evenly distributing geometry between 2 points and being able to easily adjust this. I am not interested in doing this with the copy+move array, but after the geometry is created and distances are changed.

Similar extension process as A, select geometry, then draw a guide between 2 points and have the geometry be evenly distributed with possible offset distances at sides as well.

That’s it for now! Please let me know if you can point me in the direction of any extensions that will help with these.

Thanks

You might find MoveAlong by Fredo6 useful.

Shep

2 Likes

Thanks, Shep. MoveAlong is working great for centering geometry!

Have a look at Align and Distribute from Sam D Mitch

Plenty of other very good ones while there too.

1 Like

Great, Box. Thank you very much!

Hi I am @Box I am trying to find this plugin but have no luck at all.it seems The sdmitch blogspot is not working anymore. Would you share the rbz please?
Thank you

1 Like