Rotate to a different angle in scenes

Hello,

I am drawing plans for a new home and the home is shaped with a few angles, (not rectangular)

I save scene 1 at the original 0 degrees, but if i then rotate the entire model 22.5 degrees and save as scene 2 it will not take. scene 1 and 2 will always be what ever i saved last.

If i orbit to a different angle it will save the different views.

what am i doing wrong. I was hoping to set 3 views so when i am drawing, my angled area of the home will be square with the page.

thank you in advance.
Chris

Rotating the model is what you’re doing incorrectly. Of course if you rotate the model in the model space, the view in the scenes you’ve already made are going to change because you’re presenting a different side of the model toward the camera… You need to place the camera for each scene and leave the model in one place.

Do not rotate your geometry.

Top view shows your model along the blue axis with systems green axis pointing up on screen. This means that you need to find a way to (temporarilty) redraw the axes, red/green at a convenient angle for you. And a way to then have your green axis point up. Right click on an axis in empty space and select ‘Align View’ in the context menu. Next, save this view in a scene, to return to any time you need the rotated view.

What a coincidence. See your answer for today here:

(=anme’s tutorial)

1 Like

thank you,