Purchased Wrong License

From a software publisher standpoint this is an administrative nightmare. When a new version is released the old versions, while still supported, are generally not offered for sale by the publisher. Instead, when available, they may be found in retail channels.

This is a very serious issue and would show shortsightedness on the part of Trimble. Even Microsoft will supply a 32 bit version of its office suite to allow its legacy user base to continue using the platform. Forcing users to upgrade hardware as well as software without providing an alternative is poor marketing.

thank you Paul! I totally agree, and to go a full day without a reply to
my on line contact request and phone calls to both tech support and
sales…smh.

Jen

Actually, Microsoft maintains a 32 bit version of Office not for us little guys but for the US and other governments that are still using legacy hardware. They still support Windows XP for the US government (Military). The little guy is getting the benefit of Microsoft servicing one of their largest clients. When that client goes 64 bit, so will Microsoft and its customers will be forced to follow along. Look at what Microsoft announced regarding Windows 7 & 8 regarding new CPUs, they will not offer operating system updates for the latest releases by AMD & Intel, only for Windows 10.

I am sure that SketchUp is very aware of how many users have 32 bit vs 64 bit operating systems and the made an informed decision when they released the 2017 version. 64 Bit operating systems and applications offer many advantages and in some cases it is not possible to offer the same functionality in both 64 7 32 bit. Stop insisting that the majority of SketchUp users be punished with an application that cannot take advantage of current technology.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.