Problem with 2D Export related to camera setting

I am seeing corruption in 2D graphic exports (png, jpg etc), blocks of the image are darkened as seen in this image

After some tinkering I discovered that this seems to be related to the camera setting, as going to Advanced Camera Tools and resetting the camera, the issue goes away:

Put it back to 35mm and it returns… I can reproduce this on my MacBook Pro (late 2011) and my PC (Windows 10/Nvidia M4000).

Seems like a bug to me?

This has been covered a number of times on the forum. It’s one of the benefits of installing Vray. See this:

Thanks for the info, yes I have got Vray, and sorry I didn’t find the previous posts myself! I wonder if the issue still occurs if Vray is not installed but the user selects (say) the 35mm camera using the Advanced camera tools (in which case it really is a SU problem not a Vray problem…?

There have been no reports that I’ve seen in which this shows up without Vray. I don’t use Vray and haven’t run into this problem myself.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.