Paint bucket not showing

it is set to Shaded with Textures, now what there is no tray nothing happens like before

Do you see the Default Tray? Or did you hide it altogether? How about a useful screen shot of the entire SketchUp screen?

Try Window>Preferences>Workspace and Reset Workspace.

did now make any difference, i see the default tray,

We’re making very slow progress here.

I don’t see the tray. Try turning it on with Window>Default Tray. Click Show Tray.

it shows it is checked

tray 1 and tray 2

What is the FIRST item in the Window menu?

default tray

And when you click on Default Tray, what is the first item in the next menu?

show tray

Finally! Click that to make the tray show.

nothing shows, only what i sent you in the screen shot is still there

Do you have multiple monitors?

no, this problum started about two weeks ago, its wired because everything else works ok, when i click the icon paint bucket it appears on my screen and moves around were ever i move it, but no tray menu opens, this must be some kind of setting , i have tried everything,
i have a new Asua lap top coming in 3 days, i plan to in stall the latest version Sketch Up Pro 2017 and not use the other computer as much.
it would be great to know why paint has stopped working? thanks for all your kind support.RegardsRon

TheOnlyAaron SketchUp Team Member
September 26 |

Do you have multiple monitors? Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

ronkite51
September 26 |

nothing shows, only what i sent you in the screen shot is still there Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your colors window is off the screen. If you do a search on Missing Material Window, you will see a bunch of topic (and solutions!)

ok, i will try this and let you know if this fixed it.

TheOnlyAaron SketchUp Team Member
September 27 |

From what you are describing, it sounds like your colors window is off the screen. If you do a search on Missing Material Window, you will see a bunch of topic (and solutions!) Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

ronkite51
September 27 |

no, this problum started about two weeks ago, its wired because everything else works ok, when i click the icon paint bucket it appears on my screen and moves around were ever i move it, but no tray menu opens, this must be some kind of setting , i have tried everything, i have a new Asua lap top c… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I feel fairly confident that your materials/colors window is hiding somewhere. Maybe someone with Windows (I only have access to Mac, right now) can weigh in on the process of finding your missing window… @Daver, perhaps?

If installed correctly

activating the paint bucket tool should pop up the materials panel in a tray. IF nothing happens, it could be that the tray is ‘unpinned’ meaning it could hide. It might be docked on top , so it looks as if it is a scene.

1 Like

@MikeWayzovski is probably right, even if that’s not the reason, if you didn’t install SketchUP running the Setup as Administrator you should.

The only other reason I see not to see the materials is the following:

Does default tray appears like in this picture?

Then clic on it and then clic on the pin:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.