Paint bucket is not functioning. grrrr

on a mac mini with Yosemite.
when i click the paint bucket icon the cursor switches to the paint bucket, but i get no color palate, and if i click on something with the cursor, sometimes, the color will change to grey. (i think it’s grey, it may be white). but it usually only allows one, maybe two, color changes, to the grey/white color, then nothing.

i’ve tried using the icon, and using the drop down field to select paint bucket, all resulting in the same, do nothing, scenario.

thank you for your time and help.
cheers, madduck

Set “Shaded with Textures” for your style, so you can SEE the materials being applied.

View (menu) > Face Style (submenu) > Shaded With Textures

1. Window > Instructor
  2. Click PaintBucket tool icon.
  3. Follow instructions in Instructor window.

Ie, choose a material to paint with. Painting with a dry brush does nothing.

@DanRathbun it sounds more like the paint bucket dialog is off screen somewhere, I know how to fix it on PC but no idea on Mac.

Have you been using multiple screens and changed the setup?

on a mac you need to activate the ‘Colors’ window, to see the colors…

it is found in the SU menu ‘Windows’ >> ‘Materials’…

or you can set ‘SketchUp’ >> ‘Preferences’ >> ‘Drawing’ >> ‘Auto Activate Paint Tool’

john

aaaaaand driven up the wall wins!
that fixed it. thank you john.
and thanks dan an box for your time also.

y’all have a great day.
cheers, madduck

1 Like

How do you fix it on PC, having this issue now

When an offscreen window has focus, press keychord ALT+SPACE (to activate the window’s top left shortcut menu,) them press M (to choose Move,).

The cursor will change to the 4 way move cursor and be positioned centered on the window’s caption bar (which you may not see as it’s offscreen,) … so without moving the mouse yet, press and hold the left mouse button, and then move the mouse around until you see the window appear. Don’t release the left mouse button until you have the window positioned onscreen.

Sometimes when you activate the window move command, the offscreen window will jump to the onscreen mouse position (but I don’t see this happening on Windows 10.)