OS X Users: SketchUp and El Capitan

I did not budget for upgrade to SketchUp Pro 2015 at this moment. :cry:

check, have you fixed the problem?
I have exactly the same problem and cannot find out how to fix it

Not yet, I think no body care older version of SketchUp.
Finally, I upgraded to 2015 pro & paid $700 :expressionless:

Unfortunately we don’t maintain older versions of SketchUp and as mentioned above, discourage upgrading to the latest OS, especially with older versions. SketchUp 2014 wasn’t supported in Mavericks or anything newer and we won’t be making retroactive changes to old versions to work with newer versions as they come out.

Cheuk, if you had a paid version of SketchUp 2014 then you should have just upgraded to 2015, not purchased a new license. Note that the cost to upgrade would have been $120 to upgrade while your Maintenance and Support Plan for 2014 was active, or then $180 if you had allowed that to lapse. If you did already own SketchUp Pro 2014 then you may wish to contact our Sales team as soon as possible to get a refund and to pursue the upgrade instead.

I didn’t even think about the ramifications when I upgraded to El Capitan. I have been experiencing what I think is a software problem (But could just be that I don’t know how to use it) . The “Entity Info” window has shrunken down horizontally so the window section is the same height as the title block at the top. All the information, layers, etc, is cut off and can’t be seen. The grip in the bottom right can stretch the window Horizontally, but will not pull it down vertically.

It worked normally for a few days since installing the operating system upgrade, so I am not sure if they are related. I have tried restarting the software, the computer etc. I have reinstalled pro 2015. I have opened and closed the window. It does the same thing if I open a new file. It has got me broken down, as it is the only way I know to manage the layers of groups. I don’t have a time machine backup, so getting back to Yosemite is not easy. If I knew this was an operating system issue I might be willing to go through the pain of a complete start over on my computer, and try to get it back to Yosemite.

Please Help.

did you try resetting the workspace, in “SketchUp” >> “Preferences” >> “Workspace” menu?

Thank you. That did it.

I’ve had this problem on the Mac Pro 2015 for a long time now. Just go to the Preferences-> Workspace and hit the Workspace reset button, they come back for a while and then it will happen again.

Ok, I held off on upgrading to El Cap as long as I could, but I use my Mac’s for my income and everything else had upgraded to El Cap so I had to. I have SU Pro on two Mac’s, a 2007 iMac G7 and a 2013 MacBookPro. One is in the office and the other is my road warrior. Both has exact set ups, but have responded to the El Cap upgrade differently.

Tonight on my iMac G7, SU Pro 2015 keeps crashing when I group or make a component of other groups! It did not have that problem before, but tonight was that special night I guess. The problem began when I was working on a 10 meg model and noticed that as I was using the solid modeling tools that my file would crash and give me that BugSplatter thing. So I cut and pasted in place the geometry to avoid the file size issue. And it was limber for a little while, but as I finished using the solid modeling tools to trim down my geometry (and cleaned my model - I am a stickler about clean modeling), I went to group my object to paste back into my original model and BAM, it crashed.

I tried grouping just two objects (groups raw geometry) and same thing. I then tried making a component of the groups, same thing. I’m not sure how I’ll get the geometry back into the original model at his point, but is very late and I need sleep. I looked to the forum for answers, but it appear no one has listed this issue yet. I’ll most likely create a dummy group in the original file and copy paste each object from my temp file into that group. But that is going to be time consuming. So far this is the only new bug I have run into under El Cap.

UPDATE
So I explode all solid geometry generated by the Solid Modeling tools and regrouped them manually and this relieved the problem. It must be the way the solid modeling tools create a group that is causing SU to reject the grouping of those objects. So FYI, a workaround, after modeling with the Solid Modeling Tools, isolate your new solid, explode it and regroup it, then all will be in balance with the universe. Peace and happy modeling.

You are a version or two behind in your SketchUp and Layout…Try updating to at least 15.

Dear SketchUp Community,

Im quite beginner user so please could you help me in some basic tasks.
I liked to make a half ball shape. How can I create it?

Im looking forward to receive your answer.

regards, Peter