Orbit heavy lag with Mac OS X 10.11.4

Does the Mac edition(s) have a right-click configuration menu like the Windows editions ?

If so, disabling the Prompt may help ?

No such, alas!

Hi Marc. This worked for me!

Hi Marc,

This workaround also works for me. The problem exists only with SU2016 on my mac. SU2015 orbitā€™s fine.

I updated to Mac OS X 10.11.16 today but the orbit lag in SU2016 still exists :frowning:

I hope that Trimble and/or Apple will solve this problem soonā€¦(?)

Regards,
Ronald

@Marc Do you know if SketchUp and/or Apple are working on a fix for OS X 10.11 or if the only solution will be to upgrade to macOS Sierra when available?

Hopefully a fix will be made for OS X 10.11 El Capitan if at all possible. All Macs may not be able to upgrade to Sierra due to older hardware and not all users may want to upgrade to Sierra due to personal preferences in the look, feel and features of the new OS.

Where I work weā€™re required to install all Apple updates when available due to a company security policy and since I only have SketchUp Pro 2016 installed Iā€™m stuck with the orbit problem where I use SketchUp the most.

At home I reinstalled my Mac to OS X 10.11.3 but thatā€™s not an option at work.

• Kristian

Thanks Barry, this funny little ā€œhackā€ made my day far better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay! This actually works! Thank you for finding a work around.

Only saw this problem with OS X 10.11.6 and SU 2016, not with SU 2015 in either 10.11 or 10.8.
MacBook Pro 15" Retina Mid '12.

BTW, Iā€™m a 12 year veteran user of SketchUp and a 23 year veteran user of Wacom tablets, so Iā€™m rather disinclined to give up using a Wacom tablet now.

Hi There,

is there any update to this problem. For me it still exists with SU Pro 2017 an OS 10.11.6

Regards
Tom