Installing Scripts

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :slight_smile::

What’s wrong? Most likely the way you went about installing the files or where you put them.

What Ruby scripts and where did you buy them from?

*.rb files need to installed manually. Which Plugins folder did you put them in?

I bought them directly from smustard.com. I put them in their own folder and in two different Plugins folders within Sketchup Program files – one recommended on your site and one from Googles Sketchup for Site Design book. Nothing works yet.
Please help! I need to finish a project which is WAY overdue. Thanks!

I don’t have a site.

Google sold SketchUp about 5 -1/2 years ago. a lot has changed since then so that reference is obsolete.

Go back and remove the *.rb files from wherever you put them in SketchUp. Then use a zipping utility like 7zip to put each of the *.rb files in its own .zip file. Rename the files from .zip to .rbz. Then use Install Extension in the Extension Manager to install them one at a time.

Which plugins did you purchase?

Yes, I tried making a zip file with 7zip but Extension Manager wouldn’t open it. Got an error message Unable to Open or some such. That’s the only zip app I have right no.

I bought closesopens.rb, delete short lines.rb, extend close lines.rb, intersect overlaps.rb, makefaces.rb, progessbar.rb.

Yes, I tried making a zip file with 7zip but Extension Manager wouldn’t open it. Got an error message Failed to open ruby.rbs. Should I give it another name? That’s the only zip app I have right now.
[/quote]

Did you rename the file s rbs or rbz. The latter would be correct.

Yes, the file is named correctly. I misspelled the reply. Sorry!

You should contact the author(s) of the scripts to see if they are compatible with SU2017.

I got help from a friend – it worked. Thank you.
Lindsay

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.