Installation ThumbsUp.dll failure

I am trying to install SketchUp Make, but during the install, I get a message:

Module C:\Program Files\SketchUp 2017\ThumbsUp.dll failed to register HRESULT-2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

When I try to start the program, I get a different message:

The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The second message seems to refer to Visual C++ Redistributable which I downloaded from Microsoft. I restarted the computer and reran the SketchUp installer as administrator but this did not solve the problem.

Thanks

1 Like

As you needed to install VC++ separately, you also may need to install .NET framework too. Review 2017 not launching.

Update graphics driver and, as you are on a laptop, be sure to set Nvidia control panel 3D settings to use your graphic card while running SU.

When running SU installer, r-click and use Run as administrator to proceed.

I am trying to install SketchUp Make, but during the install, I get a message:

Module C:\Program Files\SketchUp 2017\ThumbsUp.dll failed to register HRESULT-2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

When I try to start the program, I get a different message:

The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is
missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this
problem.

The second message seems to refer to Visual C++ Redistributable which
I downloaded from Microsoft. I restarted the computer and reran the
SketchUp installer as administrator but this did not solve the problem.

Estou com o mesmo problema, qualquer versão que eu tente instalar do sketchup aparece a mesma mensagem de erro: “falha no módulo ao registrar HRESULT-2147024703”. Em um arquivo de nome ThumbsUp.dll. Como resolvo esse problema?