I can't run SU2017 on my laptop

Does anyone know if I can run SU 2017 on Windows 7 Professional? I also would like to know if I can’t get it, where I can find the SU 2016Make 64 bit version. I have the 32 bit now and my computer has a 64 bit processor.

Hello. the SketchUp Hardware and Software requirements page lists Windows 7 as one of the OS supporting SketchUp 2017, alongside Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. Look further there for more details.

For downloading SketchUp Make 2016 head over to the Older Versions of SketchUp page.

Thanks, I went ahead and just downloaded the 2016 64 bit version. My laptop doesn’t have a video card so maybe that is the issue with SU 2017.

1 Like

I don’t have a dedicated video card too but SketchUp 2017 Make seems to be running smoothly on my computer. What problems did you have with 2017? It’s a slight bit harder to install and run compared to the older versions for a number of reasons. You’re supposed to install it with Administrator privileges for example, make sure you have OpenGL 3.0 or higher and so on.

So I installed it with the administrator privileges as instructed, but after it installed and everything was finished, I click on the sketchup icon and nothing happens. I’ve tried reinstalling but that didn’t work either.

We have had this exact issue for maybe 20 to 30 times here already. It’s become very frequent and often-asked. Here are a couple of links that you can read to help with your issue.

SketchUp Not Starting on PC

2017 Not Launching

SketchUp CheckUp

1 Like

Another interesting thing that happened was that I tried to run the SU checkup tool but that fails and wont complete.

[wiki] Where to find Hardware Graphics Info for your SketchUp forum profile

1 Like