How to use SketchUp Make 2015 after Pro Trial expires?

@qz9090 Are you still getting the wrong download? Some fixes have been made on the web page recently.

We do not support XP but 2014 works with XP. But see below links to download Make 2014:

[Windows SketchUp Make 2014]
http://dl.trimble.com/sketchup/2014/en/SketchUpMake-2014-1-1282-61130-en.exe4

[Mac SketchUp Make 2014]
http://dl.trimble.com/sketchup/2014/en/SketchUpMake-2014-1-1283-61130-en.dmg

You can download SketchUp Pro 2014 here.

Thanks, AlexB

1 Like

Bugra,
I am performing the Sketchup Make download right now, so far, it looks good.
Thanks for all your help.

@DanRathbun @alex b. Thanks for your help. I’m up and running with SU make 2014. Many thanks.

1 Like

@AlexB How can you justify the SketchupMake 2015 version without giving us a choice to not install the Pro trial version? :rage: I have downloaded the SketchupMake version for my OS and every time it installs the pro trial without my authorization!!!

Hey it is free. Relax.

The answer to switching off the Pro trial is detailed in this post:
… “The latest version now supports a way to skip Pro trial in Make.” …

[quote=“rapetet, post:96, topic:3625”]
I have downloaded the SketchupMake version for my OS and every time it installs the pro trial without my authorization!!! [/quote]
FAIK SketchUp Make (for the first month of use) = SketchUp Make + [the extra Pro features for one month of use to try them out].
After this month you will be asked to buy/upgrade or not. If not, the pro features will be disabled and you’ll continue with SketchUp Make.

If however you do install the Pro version from the start, so not the Make version, then after a month you’ll have the choice to buy/upgrade or … uninstall.

Hello @rapetet, I understand that sometimes there are misunderstandings that can cause frustration, but I am going to have to ask you to remember to follow our community guidelines. I know you may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people.

We do allow options, as @DanRathbun mentioned, to “Skip the Pro Trial”, so you may use that as a work-around.

Unfortunately this is not mentioned on the main site. And to those people who have no programming skills whatsoever this does in fact make them think [unjustly so] that they have to purchase your product to make it work when in fact that they do not. A better way to look at it would be to have a check box in the actual installation allowing the end consumer to skip the installation of the trial when they install with a pop up with an “Are you sure you want to skip the pro trial?” confirmation box.

I am always in favor of being totally candid with potential customers. I myself have asked for things like this in the past. But, it seems, I am thinking like an engineer,… and the decisions are made by MBAs and marketeers who think differently than I.

I like this idea, and have seen it implemented for other software packages. I however disagree with the popup confirmation. A simple check box on the installation “start” panel is all that is necessary.

The SketchUp install used to have a check box back in the Google days, maybe to set the browser start page to Google ? Can’t remember… and we complained as it was a pain to always remember to uncheck it, so it was removed.

But the point is that the SketchUp staff has the knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions @DanRathbun and @rapetet

I cannot find it quickly, but not so long time ago someone from the SketchUp team posted a workaround that would make Make to skip the trial - it was either a command-line switch or an edit to a license(or something) file.

Anssi

I moved a post to a new topic: How to Skip Pro trial mode in SketchUp Make

I already posted the link in the post above … and yes it was editing the .lic file, so it was a single line “#notrial” (without the quotes.)

@lisanne That ought to be a sticky post all to itself, entitled “How to Skip Pro trial mode in SketchUp Make” (or similar.)

Although I see a diffenrence. @bugra said,

Then put this exact line as the only thing in the file:
##NoTrial
You can delete whatever might be in the file, replace it with this text and save the file.

Your edition says 1st line ?

Actually, first line is more technically accurate. SketchUp will look for this keyword in the first line only. But there will be no reason to keep anything else in the file if you are running Make. So I had simplified the steps a bit.

1 Like

Sketchup is telling me I have no connection to the internet even though my connection is perfect. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program to be sure no files were corrupted when installing. I am have the same issues, is this a common issue? It wont let me download from 3d warehouse or add a location to my model.

Which one of your adaptors was on when you installed SketchUp ? Which one are you using now ?

I have only used my wireless adapter thus far for my laptop.

Is the wired adaptor turned off, if so, turn it back on and try again.

Everything is on and working as it should be. I didnt have this problem
before I downloaded the new sketchup 15. Before this I had sketchup 8 and
the internet 3d warehouse worked perfectly.