How to use SketchUp Make 2015 after Pro Trial expires?

It looks and acts the same, except that for the trial period, the students will be able to use the Solid Tools, Create Dynamic Components, and import & export from and to professional file formats like DWG/DXF, etc.

If they do not know about these features,… and do not learn to miss them, then there should be no issues.

They may see a “nag” screen at the end of the trial, asking them to buy a license or continue in “Make mode”. Just let them know when it is about time for the trial to run out.

I have the same problem also. I contacted Customer Support also. The thing is, when I downloaded Sketchup 2015, I made sure I had checked “Personal” use and it downloaded fine. It did NOT show a button saying “No Thanks” or “Cancel”, it’s just that I was using “Sketchup Pro” one day, and the next, it said my “trial had expired”. Now, I uninstalled it and re-installed it, and I don’t get the rollback to “Sketchup Make”, just the same page saying I have to buy a license for Sketchup Pro.

Hello,

I’m french, so excuse my english…
I have exactly the same problem,

Once Sketchup “MAKE” installed and chosen the pro trial for 1 month,
At the end of the trial, the soft stays with sketchup pro version without the possibility to come back to a free “Make” version. (uninstal - re-install doesn’t work now 'cause it asks for a licence)
I noticed a bug with my clock during the 1 month period (it was mysteriously 1 month retarded without my intervention, i swear ! I’ve never been interested in the pro version !)
What can I do to just use normaly the Sketchup Make ?

What date did you install Make 2015 ?
It was released Nov 3rd, and should not end the trial until Dec 3rd.

How can a month have gone by when a month has not gone by ?

Hello,

I’ve checked :
First I installed Sketchup Make 2014 the 18/10/2014 then, Sketchup Make 2015 on the 04/11/2014 …
The fact is my computer had its clock changed somehow during the 1 month period of free trial. I don’t know how !
I think it was just a bad coincidence, but it seems to have created the pb,
What can i do to reinstall Sketchup Make ? I’m I definitely condamned not to be able to install it ?

Thanks a lot

I moved 2 posts to an existing topic: SketchUp Make download page on SketchUp website is Pro version

Please download the latest version of SketchUp Make 2015, which we just released yesterday. This issue should now be fixed. Please let us know how it works for you.
Thanks!

1 Like

The “problem” seems to be with the normal download page on the website. Selecting “Sketchup Make 2015” actually downloads the" Sketchup Pro 2015 trial", which expires after 15 days.
The link posted by Wo3Dan allows you to download the Sketchup Make installer.

Sorry, this is incorrect. The download on the main page is the proper Make installer if you select “Personal Projects” for the question “I plan to use SketchUp for:”. It will start up with a 30 day trial of SketchUp Pro (not 15 days). After 30 days, it will ask you to agree to keep using SketchUp Make.

I downloaded Sketchup 2015 a month ago and now that the trial has expired, it is asking for a license and I do not get an option to use Sketchup Make. I have tried uninstalling it and downloading the latest version but I still get the same message. How can I use Sketchup Make?

@dean_google, that screen indicates that you have installed SketchUp Pro, not SketchUp Make. You can uninstall it and download the Make installer from www.sketchup.com. You’ll have to indicate that you will use SketchUp for personal projects, which will get you the Make installer.

1 Like

I have been selecting ‘personal projects’ each time I download but I got Sketchup Pro each time.

Looking into it a bit more, it would appear that you have a browser problem. If I download using Chrome, I always get Sketchup Pro irrespective of whether I select personal or professional. If I use Firefox then I get the correct version.

Hmm… I am not seeing that issue using Chrome right now. But I’ll ask around the office.
Thanks!

i have the same problem ; i uninstalled trial version and than install free version but always i see that the version is trial

@seghier: SketchUp Make comes with a 30-day trial of Pro features. You can enjoy Pro features for 30 days. After that, SketchUp will ask your permission to run as Make. This is entirely by design.

2 Likes

I moved 5 posts to a new topic: Date and Time changed on computer effected my SketchUp Make trial

I have the same issues as the folks above. I select “use for personal projects”, install it and get the license error. Yet, despite the fact that SketchUp has never been installed on this PC before, it tells me that my Pro trial has expired.

How hard is it to link to the correct file? I tried this on 2 PC’s, one with Linux Mint, and one with Windows 8. Same result. Used Chrome both times.

@legoman666 What is the name of the installer file you are getting? Does it not start with “SketchUpMake-en” ?
Thanks.

SketchUpMake-en-x64.exe

Thanks, that is the right download. I’ll follow up via Private Message to get more info and try to diagnose the issue.