How to create a component with existing entities in a component by ruby?

Thank you all, excellent dialog/ A+ lecture series. there should be some basic methods where the basics of whatcha do and most likely are gonna do (e…g) basic combo’s creating groups, components, from the lesser animls in this zoo (lines, faces, loops, edges, points…) is done with some eloquent methods, with a video, proforma file, basic fundies. since sketchup does not have the internl code it genertes to perform sequences e.g., like excel vbA taking the basic mouse driven combination of operations, e,g, select an area, and whatever in its “selected and outlined area” can become a group, with given handle ie, name vs definition… and/or a component. then simple methods to copy, move, rotate, reflect, follow me… What also would be nice if, a glossary of terms and concepts and videos e.g., loops, ruby is so good at dynamic method argument identification, why it doesnt convert the object forms which supply the data without much worry. I rhink the honchos who created the Sketchup paradigm deserves credit, but I think the dearth explaination has a psychological basis. , thank you much again all.