How to add Cubic Feet to Entity Info - it used to be there

Growing the box doesn’t help?

it is what you use to make the entity window get bigger or smaller in size horizontally. it does not allow you to expand it vertically and show more options

1 Like

Just for fun, try…
SketchUp → Preferences → Workspace → Reset workspace

no luck, just did and tried it earlier too

I used to be able to soooooo easily check the cubic ft of a slab, or concrete wall - not anymore

If that doesn’t fix it, see @Tommy ‘s and @Jeff ‘s posts

I did all the above - no result. Still no volume result in the entity window. I also reinstalled SU 2014. This sucks, any help would be fantastic…Ive got to get these plans done now!

Ouch … sorry to hear that.

Are the volume calcs the only real hang-up?
Is it a file you’re able share?
Could someone else annotate the model and send it back to you?

I’d be happy to help get you out of the woods.
Click my profile and send a PM if the file not something you’d care to share in a public forum.

Geo,
Thanks, but I just need a solution, and I appreciate your trying to be that solution to my problem. I can go through and click each face and figure volume or even just use the Volume feature if it need. Let me see what comes up and if so I’ll send the file, if I end up in a conundrum.

Appreciatively,

Brad

I know absolutely bugga all about Mac but a shot in the dark, is it possible that you have altered the system font size and the dialog isn’t resizing to fit so the volume is hidden.

The volume should still be showing (screenshot from 2015 on my Mac).

I have seen some reports that somehow the middle part of the entity info window gets shrunken and then doesn’t show all the fields, but I thought a workspace reset would repair that. Failing the reset, try this: quit SketchUp, rename the preferences file to something else, then restart SketchUp (don’t erase the preferences file, keep the original as backup so you can rename it back if all else fails). The preferences file is at

~/Library/Preferences/com.sketchup.SketchUp.2015.plist

Note: forcing SketchUp to create a new plist will lose all of your preference settings, but it should repair the size of the entity info window. If you are more of a power user you could compare the old and new versions and edit the value of the EntityInfoPanel_xxx settings so that nothing else gets lost. Also note that SketchUp must not be running when you fiddle with the plist - it will overwrite your changes when you close the app.

reinstalling wont help unless you uninstall everything first… are you sure you’ve reset the correct .plist? there will be multiple .plists for each sketchup install so if you have 2 sketchups installed, you’ll have 4 plists etc…

if you’re using 2014, this is how to reset the preferences:

• quit sketchup
• open Terminal.app (Applications/ Utilities)
• type or copy/paste the following in terminal then press <return>

defaults delete com.sketchup.SketchUp.2014

• relaunch sketchup

I don’t recall changing any system font size, but can look into it…

I will try this also, but it doesn’t seem to be the size of the entity box that is the issue. Although I did encounter this yesterday, where the box was cropped right thru the entity color box and wouldn’t even display the Name box completely, or the Type box at all. What is weird about that occurrence though, is that when I opened up the secondary criteria box, it was corrected (except that in SU 2015 I have never seen the Volume bar listed in my Entity box since I installed it).

Jeff, this is what I get when in Terminal:

farmhouse-mac:~ hardiebr$ defaults delete com.sketchup.SketchUp.2015
2015-02-17 09:15:38.565 defaults[1510:69369]
Domain (com.sketchup.SketchUp.2015) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.
farmhouse-mac:~ hardiebr$

I got the same response for 2014
what does this mean?

hmm.
somehow you need to get rid of whatever plist Sketchup is reading then relaunch so sketchup will make a new one.

(quit sketchup first)
try going to ~/Library/Preferences
(that’s your user library… Not the macHD library)…

find all of the files which start with com.sketchup

what are they?

Jeff,

I can’t find a .plist for SketchUp, and I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled it
several times. Should I try deleting the SketchUp file from my computer
and download it again, and hopefully start over?

Thanks for all your help!

Do I need to make a .plist file for SU to put preferences?

Maybe it’s time to call on a Mac uber-expert.
You know, the kind of guy that wears a white lab coat … err … a white, umm … what is that thing @Marc ?

It appears that when I upgraded to Yosemite on my mac that a user folder wasn’t created it appears that it’s a problem with Yosemite I’m not sketch up I’m going to try to correct this problem and hopefully the program will work the way I wanted to stay tuned…

Have a great day!
Sent from my iPhone