Houses Second Floor

Hi folks.

A fast way to hide an object is to right click on the object to open a contextual menu and choose Hide in the contextual menu.

Learning to use these contextual menu is a must with SketchUp (SU) and any other program that support them to get proficient.

Click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas. You can hide the edges (bottommost edge for the second floor and topmost edge of the first floor as described in previous post to get a better looking outside walls.

Just ideas.

Jean

House_construction.skp (131.7 KB)

Tutorial ( Not mine) upstairs_downstairs2.skp (210.1 KB) written 2011 showing how to avoid the black lines.

I already included a link to that tutorial above. I get the distinct feeling the reference was ignored.

-Gully

Can you trust 7 days old links? :wink:

Sorry Gully missed that.
I usually look for title. I have the old 2011 tut you did and was looking for that. Wish there was better data base capture approach.

Mr. Winky, I think so; it was to the 3D Warehouse.

Mac, as for the link not containing the name, I think Discourse’s link evaluator was under the weather that day.

-Gully

Side-click on the offending line. In the popup menu, there will be a choice called “soften”. The line will still be there as the edge of whatever it is the edge of, but the space on either side of the line will be treated as one piece for things like materials and coloring.