Flexijet / 3D file import

I have been using a Flexijet 3D ( Home - Flexijet – Innovation CAD-measurement ) to take measurements for work for a few years but have only ever used the flexijet software. I have been playing with exporting the .dwg files from “flexijet” and importing to"sketchup" with mixed results.

My first question is, has anyone had any experience with flexijet and sketchup ??

My second question is a bit more in depth, I have exported a file from “Flexijet” in to Sketchup which is a 3d file of the measurements of my property and was looking to turn the resulting file in to a 3D model. I am just looking for the easiest way to turn the walls … in to walls , as each room is a different level (ceiling and floor) it seems to take ages and was looking for advice on the quickest way ???

house floor plan only.skp (197.7 KB)

this is the file in question…

I have absolutely no experience with Flexijet. I just opened your skp file and see that it requires very little effort to flesh out the 3d model. Your file provides the framework without any of the faces being included. You merely need to open the group to edit it (or explode it) and then just retrace the line along any edge of the outlined faces to form the rooms. When that process is completed, you can model the faces of the exterior walls and push pull the interior walls into place. See the rudimentary edit of your plan that I attached. It should only take a few minutes to build a cursory model from the file you uploaded. More time would be required to model the doors, windows and specific building features, of course.
house floor plan edit.skp (214.5 KB)

Thanks jvleearchitects,

I’ve managed to create the rooms before but not managed to fill the areas where the walls are (without a lot of messing ) ??
if i create an external wall and use the push pull tool it fills in all of the rooms unless i pull up to the top of each room and re-do the outline for each room on the new face… Each room ceiling height is different as well as each room floor level, is there an easier way of filling the the wall area ??

house floor plan edit.skp (251.2 KB)

I think you’re on the right track although the base you have created at the lower level perimeter seems a bit out of scale and covers the entire lower level. Perhaps this should be deleted and modified based on the following suggestions.

I would first explode the model (in this case) and concentrate my effort in defining the faces that represent each space. Then I would locate the faces representing the various floor and ceiling levels and place them appropriately relative to each other along the blue (Y) axis.
Next, close all of the interstitial wall spaces occurring between rooms to be sure that a face is formed that can ultimately be push-pulled to the right height. Then the exterior walls can be defined and also push-pulled to the right height. You can group the two levels separately (or make them components if you prefer). If you group or componentize these elements, then you should place them on different layers so that their visibility can be manipulated as desired.

Finally, you can provide more detail at the various levels, including locating doors, frames, windows, ceiling treatment, floor and wall finishes, etc.

You can choose to call up the line tool or the rectangle tool to make the desired faces, but much of your work is already done.

Thanks jvleearchitects,

apologies for the late reply, work has taken over !!! not had time to play with the house model… I have only had chance to play with some models for work visualizing stairs for customers. Doing these has brought an o few other questions about rendering…