"File currently locked by another user" error in Windows Explorer

First off its much to complicated for me to help… allow guest posts i didnt want to make an account to help… but
end the com surrogate

Open your Task Manager >> Processes >> COM Surrogate >> End Task

This will allow you to open the file with no issue also if you end the task with your project open it will allow you to save properly and will not close you out

My name is Noli and I am a Computer science major who wants to be an architect… Hope this helped everyone

many thanks to 10 minute mail for making this post possible

Hi folks,
I have been having the same issues with my Sketchup files being read only upon opening. I have been hibernating my computer with Sketchup running so I will close Sketchup before hibernating in the future. I did all the work-arounds on Windows 8.1 such as the preview tab turned off in Windows Explorer (there is only a preview tab to turn on or off; no Organize tab). I could not find the Tools >Folders option in Windows Explorer (maybe just me?) I also renamed the "ThumbsUp.dll file in the Sketchup program to no result. When I open Sketchup then the file to work on, there is a preview pane showing up.
The fix came with ending the Com Surrogate task. Two were running.
Thanks for the help on this.

I am having this issue as well, however mine is a bit different. I use networked storage so nothing is kept on the PC doing the work. Previews and Details panes are disabled in the file explorer. I am getting the “Locked by another user” error, but only when opening from the networked drive location. If I copy the file locally and open it everything works fine.

How are you opening the file ?
a) Double-click
b) Right-click and “Open with SketchUp 2016”
c) File > Open from within SketchUp

I get the same error all the time on all University computers (SketchUp Pro 2016), which are networked drives. Strangely it happens even if I use only one computer over the course of a few days.

The solution to this is simple for me:

After double-clicking the file and prompted with a question “Would you like to open the file as Read Only?” click ‘No’.

Then Open the file again - and it should work without problems, opening a normal version of the file.

This action must be clearing cache of some sort or another allowing the program to get unlocked, as you are now the last person who has used it, if that makes sense.

Cheers!

Del~

Yes to all three, the error occurs every way I open it.

I tried the solution Del provided but I still get the error message.

Hi all. I have a similar but slightly different issue that’s causing me to get “Locked by another user, open as read only” msg.

I have made a component and saved it to a folder. I’m trying to update the Claiming Credit for this component model (currently by unknown) to me but when I try and open the component file I get the “locked/read only” msg. This means I can’t do the draw line away from model, delete line and claim credit procedure that I’ve found on this forum and SU help.

Is this because the component is loaded in SU’s component library? Do I need to delete it as a component and then open the file and re-create a replacement component? I’m opening the files from in SU and not Explorer so don’t think it’s related to preview pane issues in explorer, although I have turned of preview pane anyway.

What folder? Where? You can get that Locked message if the component file is open in another SketchUp session.

The folder I saved the component file is called Furniture Components under "My Documents>SketchUp>FurnitureComponents. I also made the component a “Favourite” in Components so maybe this is why I get the locked by another user msg?

If the file is already open in another file, you won’t be able to edit it.

Fixed it!. The old COM Surrogate problem. Open Task Manager > Scroll down to COM Surrogate > End Task. Can now open the file no problem.