Extension Warehouse in Maintenance Mode

Hey bennettaholloway

I managed to install the extension manually, I downloaded the extension from github (GitHub - SketchUp/sketchup-stl: A SketchUp Ruby Extension that adds STL (STereoLithography) file format import and export.). I then put the sketchup-stl.rb file and sketchup-stl folder into its own zip file, renamed the zip ending to .rbz then used that to import through the extension manager.

I hope that works for you.

1 Like

Hi, I need to download some sketchup plugins.
Is sketchup extension warehouse still under maintenance?

i tried this and cant get it to work so is there a video that shows the exact setps? I downloaded the all the files from github then extacted them. then created a file and draged the sketchup-stl.rb file to it. then i ziped the file i put sketchup-stl.rb in and renamed to end in .rbz

any help would be appreciated
thanks

tried this to and cant get it to work

Did you do that with all the extensions files separately or combined?
It will only work separately.
First, when you installed SketchUp, Did you install SketchUp the right way? Meaning: Right-clicked on the downloaded installation file and choose : Run as administrator. If not or not certain, do it now and you will be prompted to ‘repair’. Choose ‘repair’

for the method displayed in the video, do you paste them in the correct folder (normally it is hidden)

be sure to have SketchUp start up again.

UPDATE:

Not much of an update unfortunately. As you can see when you try to access the Warehouse, it is still down :frowning:

We have a number of people still working on this over the weekend. Unfortunately it appears to be a bug that lives pretty deep in the internals of our server connections, across a number of teams and server hosts. In short, it probably won’t be back up today.

1 Like

In case it helps: https://www.lifewire.com/503-service-unavailable-explained-2622940

Maybe put a link to here in that 404 message? It’s a little unnerving.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

No sorry i didn’t follow a video, i just opened up an existing rbz file to check the format.

Did you put the sketchup-stl folder into the zip file?

When you open the zip file you should see the sketchup-stl.rb file and the sketchup-stl folder.

I’ll try give some better instructions.

1. Once you have downloaded and extracted the github files go to the folder sketchup-stl-master\src
  2. there should be a folder and a file there, Select the file and folder (sketchup-stl.rb and sketchup-stl )
  3. once they are both highlighted right click on one and select add to zip (or you can use another method to create a zip file)
  4. rename the ending of .zip to .rbz
  5. open up sketchup and go to extension manager
  6. install extension.
  7. restart sketchup
  8. export to stl should be under the file menu.

Give that a go.

I am completely reliant on the encryption service at this time and now I’m basically stuck (blocker).
Is there any other way to do encryption for the time being?

9/18 9:40 am MT update: The Extension Warehouse is still in maintenance mode. We’re looking into it, and we’ll update you as soon as it’s back online.

Which version of SketchUp? If it’s for SketchUp 8, where the advanced camera tools were in Tools and not plugins, you can get an installer from the links in this topic:

https://forums.sketchup.com/t/sketchup-pro-8-installer-download/43749/2

If it’s for 2017, it is a plugin, and should be here:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/

How is it that you don’t have them loaded?

whoops. I so rarely use it…forget it was now a tool. feeling a bit silly. thanks.

Hey everyone, the Extension is Warehouse is. back online, mostly!

We are not able to process purchases at this time. Therefore the “Purchase” button is temporarily disabled. We are still actively working on reconnecting to our store, but for now we have been able to turn on the rest of the site. Free downloads and trials should be available again. Extension signing should be up and running again as well.

Thanks for your patience, and continued patience as we work to get the site back to 100%.

Chris Fullmer

4 Likes

Hi all, we are temporarily down again while we deploy the fix that will enable purchases again. This is a good thing :slight_smile:
I’ll reply here again when everything is back up and running

1 Like

Ok and we are back online. The fix has been tested and is working. All portions of the Extension Warehouse are now online and functioning. Thanks everyone for your patience,

Chris

2 Likes

So… It seems that Trimble might have employed someone who used to work for Ryan-Air…
:wink:
This is an obscure reference to recent [unfortunate and far reaching] events in the UK/EU, which you might need to Google if you are an insular American…
However, once you do and you appreciate its gravity, it shows how a simple ‘balls-up’ in management or system robustness, can have a very adverse [and disproportionate] affect on how your ‘customers’ view your organization…
More than 1/2 billion pounds off the share value later !
I rest my case.

Chris, I’m not sure if this is a lag in the system, overload from it not being up for a few days or other problem, but I’ve noticed that I can usually connect the first time, but if I click on something to read the description and to back I get the same error as before, and it won’t come back till I close and try again.

Not really complaining (how often do you really use the extension wearhouse? Close and try again and get it and it’s fine), but just a heads up if it helps you guys further diagnose what’s going on.

التقاطايش حل هاذا المشكلة

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.