Dynamic component runtime error on MAC

The same here, ‘Invalid entity to animate:’

It behaves irradical. After some tweeking, it suddenly seems to work. Sometimes with the brackets, sometimes without brackets. Problem is still not solved

I owe you a big THANK YOU, scottomatic. Your suggestion fixed my frustration, which has been driving me nuts. Thank you kindly.

I had the same issue, but when I removed the quotes around the variable, it automatically created an attribute called “Custom”, and when I interacted with it, it just changed the value of the attribute, thus not doing anything to the component itself.

On the MacOS the problem is caused by the System Preference to use “smart quotes” as explained by user scottomatic. Uncheck that box and the animation of the attribute works great. Until I read your post I understood the error to be a program bug.

Thank you very very much for your comment. It was super helpful tu solve my problem with the elements rotation with negative degrees. I’ve changed the setting relative to smart quotes. In my case they have to be the same, not different between the firs and the last one. Hope to be clear…

Many Thanks!!!
I was hanging around with this problem and almost give it up until i found this!

It works fine on my Mac

Everyone be sure to update the Dynamic Components extension to v 1.8.0 (or later) for older SketchUp versions (<2021) that do not come with this version “out of the box”.)