Drawing the Ends of Grooves that Do Not Reach an Edge

Thanks for the replies!!!

Alas, they only lead me to more questions.

First, I need to make grooves that are stopped at both ends. I would like to know how to make both quarter sphere (half hemisphere) and ramped ends that extend from groove bottoms to the surface from which the grooves are made.

I experimented with the Follow Me Tool but could not get it to do what I need. I’m certain that I have some conceptual blocks that are giving me trouble.

I tried to draw a ball or sphere and did so successfully, but it is a representation of positive space and what I need is its opposite, negative space. I found a post about using reverse faces but have been unable to grasp the concept well enough to use it.

Yes, I have the half circle at the end of the grooves and it rests on the face from which the grooves are formed. I created the grooves by drawing a 2 dimensional rectangle then making an arc on the end of it to the depth I want then using the Follow Me Tool to extend the groove. I then drew an extension of grove and placed a half circle on it. I cannot see how to turn that half circle into what I need. If it helps any, my approach was to draw the rectangle 1/2" wide. I then create and arc with radius of 5/16". The half circle has a radius of 1/4".

As for shapes, I don’t seem to have any in SketchUp 2016 Make V.16.1.1449 64 bit. Looking under Draw > Shapes I see Rectangle, Rotated Rectangle, Circle and Polygon but none of the other shapes mentioned above. I followed the link you gave me, Dan, and read the blurb that said to install from within SU. I followed that process and can even see the su_shapes extension in the Window > Preferences > Extensions panel, but I cannot select it. Does that mean it only works in Pro? If not, what else do I need to know to install it?

Again, thank you all for the replies!

rh