Dimensions don't change scale

It is impossible to change the scale of an existing dimension.
That is sure a bug to solve as soon as possible.
Thank you

I am guessing that by “scale” you mean “units” of dimension?

You can change it here.

No… I mean to change scale I
(1:1, 1:100, 1:200) in decimal
thank you

Change the scale of what? Maybe you could show us an example file that illustrates what you are talking about.

I mean…I have a dimension on the draw and I want to change it from one scale to an other scale, for example from 1:10 to 1:100.

I am with @DaveR.

Dimension of line that is 10mm long will say it is 10mm. No matter which scale you are viewing the drawing. I don’t understand where “scale” comes in this.

Are you talking about changing font size?

No…if you try to make a dimension and after that you change the scale factor you will notice that nothing happen. try please
thank you

Please post an example LO file that shows what you are trying to do exactly.

dimensions.layout (9.1 KB)

@dancap

How are you setting the scale for the dimension tool?

It should be done in the Dimension Dialog Window

Be aware that if you change the scale setting for the dimension tool, new dimensions will use the new setting but the previously drawn dimensions will not update with the change.

You will want to select all the previously drawn dimensions and reset their scale

CD

You can define your own scaling list.
[Preferences…] - [scales]

My problem is when I have a dimension already made and I want to change its scale fatcor it doesn’ t work.
I work in decimal and meters. If you don’t have this pproblem maybe I have to try to reinstall the software and see if the problem will be solve.

thank you but on my LayOut 2015 it doesn’ t work.
If you don’t have this pproblem maybe I have to try to reinstall the software and see if the problem will be solve.

Hi @dancap I have encountered the same issue and notified the SketchUp team about it.
When using anything other than autoscale the dimension resets to something weird.
The work around I found was that it is possible to change it beforehand:

• click dimension tool
  • disable autoscale button
  • set the scale you want to use
  • draw the dimension.
1 Like

Thank you very much
I hope the Sketchup team fix this issue as soon as possible.